• This topic has 66 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Tory in "being a total dick head" shock
  • zippykona

My local mp and he is a complete ****.
    Might stand against him next election.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dig up an old interview and argue about whether Grayling should have said “other road users” instread of just “road users”

frankconway

See thread ‘Just another cyclist hating motorist’.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

A mate of mine is charged with information and fact finding for MPs’ Parliamentary questions. He’s somewhat depressed at the moment and muppets like this aren’t going to help, he’s likely to have to deal with the aftermath and put this thickshit back on track.

bails

Dig up an old interview and argue about whether Grayling should have said “other road users” instead of just “road users”

Have you even read it?! He’s very clearly saying that cyclists are “users of cycle lanes” and only “motorists are the road users”. It’s not a badly phrased but reasonable point, it’s not an out of context quote. It’s the transport secretary saying that cyclists are not road users.

“What I would say to him, of course, is where you have cycle lanes, cyclists are the users of cycle lanes,” Grayling responded. “And there’s a road alongside – motorists are the road users, the users of the roads. It’s fairly straightforward, to be honest.”

DrJ

Dig up an old interview and argue about whether Grayling should have said “other road users” instread of just “road users”

You could have admitted that not all your beloved Tories are perfect at all times. You could have said nothing. But you chose to make something up.

#jambafact

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Dig up an old interview and argue about whether Grayling should have said “other road users” instead of just “road users”

Yet when given the opportunity to clarify, he did. He clarified that he does not see cyclists as road users.

And when his department were given the opportunity to clarify, they said that they agreed with the minister and that was that.

God you’re tedious.

footflaps

He clarified that he does not see cyclists as road users.

Which is pretty impressive given his departments legislation says otherwise!

His department must be so embarrassed to be represented by such a moron.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Seems to have completely forgotten the driving force behind a surfaced highway network.

MoreCashThanDash

Chris Boardman, as ever, has responded quite well, if the Facebook reports are correct.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Have you ever had a boss that knew less, could do less, and was shitter than you? Because this is what this feels like.

He has the power to make our journeys to work safer or more dangerous. He sets the tone of road culture in this country. And he thinks cyclists are not road users.

This isn’t just some xxxx sounding off underneath an article in the local rag about how cyclists should “pay road tax”; this is the Secretary of State for xxxx Transport. [Mod edit]

footflaps

This isn’t just some xxxx sounding off underneath an article in the local rag about how cyclists should “pay road tax”; this is the Secretary of State for xxxx Transport.

Don’t right him off just yet, he may soon suggest that Cyclists should be paying Road Tax!

Jamie
    Free Member

Even other Tories, apart from the truly myopic *cough*, don’t like Chris Grayling.

Don’t right him off just yet

I expected better from you, footflaps 🙁

kimbers

He is the man that until recently oversaw our hugely effective and well managed prisons.

The man is dangerously incompetent, he could well be the next PM 😉

aracer
    Free Member

To be fair, that’s not something particularly exclusive to him. Is there any Tory other Tories like?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Tories don’t even like themselves.

That’s why the party is full of authoritarian perverts who had smothering mothers and strict fathers, and want to externalise their inner self-loathing by making other people even more miserable than them.

But there is no end to their misery. It is fathomless, like hell.

Speshpaul

I think he has made it quite clear that he “doesn’t see cyclists as road users” by his recent dooring activities.

zippykona

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

And they wonder why people have no faith in politicians when they allow people like that loathsome spunktrumpet to lord it over us all.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Dig up an old interview

5 weeks old, buttercup.

footflaps

I expected better from you, footflaps

Yep, very poor. I keep doing it though, thinking one thing and writing another….

Jamie
    Free Member

5 weeks old, buttercup.

Stop living in the past, Rich. That was like months ago.

bails

Stop living in the past, Rich. That was like months ago

A whole year ago!

oldejeans
    Free Member

go zippykona!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And they wonder why people have no faith in politicians when they allow people like that loathsome spunktrumpet to lord it over us all.

That’s a bit unfair, he was being held to account by other politicians – it was his electorate who decided that he was up for the job. Besides, the politician who leads the Opposition in Parliament has an excellent attitude towards cyclists and cycling.

Northwind

In any rational world, he’d be the most disliked and incompetent person in the cabinet.

aracer – Member

To be fair, that’s not something particularly exclusive to him. Is there any Tory other Tories like?

Everyone likes Ruth Davidson

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He is the man that until recently oversaw our hugely effective and well managed prisons.

Oh yes. How is it that someone can Fubar a whole government department & not be held to task?
    That cock is the whole reason that HMP’s are screwed (pardon the pun). He let around 6000 staff go on voluntary redundancies but for some reason didn’t re-recruit, & now theyr’e re-recruiting an ‘extra’ 2500 staff (as the media put it)
    He personifies the word ‘inept’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He let around 6000 staff go on voluntary redundancies but for some reason didn’t re-recruit

To be fair to give the go-ahead to 6000 voluntary redundancies and to then re-recruit would have made less sense.

Unless of course there was a cunning plan which I don’t know about, eg to replace them with new staff on lower wages and less favourable employment conditions. Not that I imagine a Tory minister would even consider such a thing you understand.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

eg to replace them with new staff on lower wages and less favourable employment conditions. Not that I imagine a Tory minister would even consider such a thing you understand.

Oh, you mean ‘Fair & Sustainable’? That’s the one!

Top whack for a screw on F&S is 26K & they can’t recruit fast enough. We/they recruit 30 & 60 leave. Must be costing a bloody fortune just recruiting & training people who then think…’stuff this for the money’

anagallis_arvensis

Top whack for a screw on F&S is 26K & they can’t recruit fast enough. We/they recruit 30 & 60 leave. Must be costing a bloody fortune just recruiting & training people who then think…’stuff this for the money’

Sounds like teaching. You can get around 30k to train as a physics teacher and then take a pay cut when you get a job!!

You could benefit from a tax-free training bursary or scholarship of up to £30,000 while you train.

Once you’ve qualified, you’ll benefit from a competitive starting salary of at least £22,467

🙄

manton69

The main point being made by people about this statement is that the cycle infrastructure in this country is very poor. In a lot of places the cycle lanes have no priority at junctions, are poorly maintained and are not well connected with a lot of infrastructure. Given the choice, cyclists would often rather use the road, which gives them a right of way at junctions, clear road use rules (generally we all know how to use them) and we can make steady progress.

If you are not considered to be a road user then you have given some people the excuse that we should not have been there in the first place. That is a very vulnerable place to be and not something that the senior politician in charge of policy and transport infrastructure really should understand before making such inflammatory statements. Chris Boardman’s offer to take home for a bike ride would be an education, but highly unlikely that it will be taken up.

geoffj

Is true *rubs thighs and wonders if she could be turned*

wilburt
    Free Member

The depressing part for me now is I wish we had done more meaning my generation to improve the life our kids are likely to have.

We’ve been good at business and earning money and thats not unimportant but I have this nagging concern we are leaving the place in terms of social cohesion and quality of life in a pretty poor state.

martinhutch

Default answer that. I often wonder how the hell she ended up in the Tory party.

Grayling is a gormless arse.

kimbers

Is true *rubs thighs and wonders if she could be turned*

Straight or Red ?

Either way, I’m sure the lady’s not for turning

I’d still vote for her tho!

totalshell

ought to give her the top job.. top class politician and thouroughly nice person to booto appear ..

i know a cabinet minister that ticks an awful lot of down to earth blokey bloke boxes yet to look at him you d mistake him for any other polished politcian..

whitestone
    Free Member

So is Grayling giving notice on rescinding Rule 144 of The Highway Code:

Rule 144

You MUST NOT

drive dangerously
    drive without due care and attention
    drive without reasonable consideration for other road users.

Not sure why that’s rule 144, surely it should be rule #1 – “Don’t be a dick!”

Or hinting that he’s about to announce a massive government spending plan to put full cycle lanes alongside every road in the country?

ransos
    Free Member

The cyclist Grayling doored was on the road…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Tory in "being a total dick head" shock’ is closed to new replies.