Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Torridon next week?
  • robbieclay

Anyone thinking of riding Torridon next week (from Sunday 21st)? Due to cancellations have superb accommodation at VERY reasonable rates in Annat. Contact through website via profile on here. Cheers.

abbot
    Free Member

What are conditions like up there atm?

It’s tempting but probably too short notice for me, hmmm

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Was up there 2 weeks ago & stayed at the Inn. Conditions were bone dry, sunny, cool, no wind. Perfect.
    Don’t do the Liathach loop cos It’s crap unless you like walking over boulder fields for about 4 miles. 😆

matt_outandabout

It may be a bit wetter after the last few days of torrential rain…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don’t do the Liathach loop cos It’s crap unless you like walking over boulder fields for about 4 miles.

Do do it if you enjoy a challenge. I enjoyed it. Attempting to ride almost trials like sections all set amidst incredible scenery followed by a fantastic descent. Each to their own.

stanfree
    Free Member

I was up at the weekend on the road bike and the trails that wee saw looked fine , Still a wee bit of snow on top of the Munros and no midges yet. That said It was hoorin It down on the Sunday wee left and the lads on the ‘Go Where’ mtb trips were gettin ready for some rough looking weather. If your staying In Annat your pretty close to the Torridon bar which was ace.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

the Torridon bar which was ace.

+1. Try the ‘Torrid One’ ale, nectar. Food was good too, except something had gone wrong in Portion Control with the salmon, my mates was titchy! (My haddock however, wasn’t.)

Trekster

That said It was hoorin It down

😆
    That might need translating

abbot
    Free Member

ooh i do love an ale so thats extra tempting! Enjoying a golden glory by badger atm.

weather olooks good for next week so trails drying out i guess

bruneep

weather olooks good for next week so trails drying out i guess

Really

stanfree
    Free Member

+1. Try the ‘Torrid One’ ale, nectar. Food was good too, except something had gone wrong in Portion Control with the salmon, my mates was titchy! (My haddock however, wasn’t.)

We were drinking ‘Black Cuillin’ and I had the Haddock as well which was great . Also went to the Applecross pub which was fine but not as good as had been made out by a few of my mates. Hopefully going to head up again In August on the mtb’s.

abbot
    Free Member

@bruneep lol! The weather app on my phone is rubbish. Or just very optimistic !

martinxyz
    Free Member

If its hoorin it down I might book all rooms for the weekend. I’m only an hour away!

bruneep

it can hoor doon as much as it wants until mid May, then the sun can come out to play.

There on 22nd May

frosty87
    Free Member

I was up there this time last year and it was a wet week but we still had a great time. The scenery is just so stunning (when the cloud lifts!) and like anywhere there are good bits & bad bits to the riding when it’s wet.

That’s the advantage of going with a guide, they will know the areas to avoid. Like this one, lol-

Torridon2 by frosty138, on Flickr

robbieclay

Hoofin it down up here at the moment but stunning anyway. Just done loop of Beinn Damh and down Coire Roill – super rocky. Crossing the burn at the end was interesting – thigh deep, nearly lost my bike!

youngrob

Stan, I was on that Go-Where trip and can confirm the Black Cuillin was very good at the Torridon. We drove to Applecross that Sunday and rode from there, it was wet and wild but not as good as the trip into the Cuillins on Monday. A great weekend all in.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Torridon next week?’ is closed to new replies.