• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Torridon is it worth the drive!
  • fergal
    Free Member

Thinking of going up this weekend to do the classic wild descent into Annat, worth the drive, or should I just stick to spooky wood :-).

scotroutes

It’s a long way to go for one ride….. my usual rule is that riding time > driving time. 😆

richmtb

Nice drive though!, could take in some riding on the way up.

Laggan if you are going up the A9, Fort William if you are going up the A82

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, for a couple of days riding (from South Wales)

Gilles

if the weather is glorious, it will be silly not to, as the scenery will be magnificent, a bit like Game of Thrones without the dragons.

geologist
    Free Member

Yes yes and yes, just being in that area alone is special, riding or not!

fergal
    Free Member

you guys are making this excursion sound tempting, might have to dust off the ridged singlespeed.

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden up there, just climbing but it’s one of the most visually amazing places I’ve been too. When I posted the photos on Facebook, a friend asked me where in the world it was 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ohmigod, yes. It’s AMAZING. Go now, camp in the free campsite on the edge of the village, ride your bike lots.

Remember the rule- 1 Torridonian Mile = 3 Normal Miles.

robgarrioch

What’s the proposed itinerary, staying 1 / 2 nights? Definitely, if you’re not watching the clock all the time, hasn’t been as dry / warm up there recently, ‘mind…

You decide 🙂

mactheknife

Rigid single speed? Aye that will see u right 🙂

enmac
    Free Member

Yes it’s worth it but the Annat descent isn’t even the best one – the descent to Achnashellach from Drochaid Coire Lair (I think) is even better. It’s the one that Steve Peat is riding in the Santa Cruz Solo video.

Ewan
    Free Member

Torridon is amazing. So pretty.

Riding is also very good indeed the trail with all the water pool is particularly ace.

Also if you get a chance pop up the mountain behind the youth hostel. We ran up it before dinner and got a fly by by a passing tornado!

IMG_3545 by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

IMG_3557 by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

No pictures of the riding for some reason, so probably rained!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its well worth a trip, I was up there about a month ago, heres a bit of go pro.. 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Torridon is Scottish midge central and their HQ is the free campsite.

mt
    Free Member

What a question, just go! Take a bike or climbing kit, walking boots or a sea kayak. Just go go and be there for a while.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Torridon is it worth the drive!’ is closed to new replies.