Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Torque Wrench
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

for bottom brackets and the cassettes? i have a torque wrench for stuff upto 15nm….which covers pretty much all aspects of the bike apart from the bb and cassette? need something with much higher nm rating? can anyone recommend one?

cheers

mrmo
    Free Member

To be brutal i wouldn’t bother, worry about the torque on stem bolts it you want, but bottom brackets and cassettes, just do it f****** tight and jobs done. I am sure others will say you need a torque wrench but having seen the damage blind faith and a torque wrench can do i would advise against.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i wouldn’t bother +1

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Aldi sell f-off torque wrenches occassionally for around £13. Pretty much only suitable for BBs and chainring bolts for bike use.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve a fairly cheap Sealey one. Bear in mind that if you want to use it for BBs, you’ll need one that measures torque in both right and left hand directions as one side of the BB shell has a reverse thread (they usually have a push through spindle or reversible head). Torque wrench with reversible ratchet heads tend only to measure torque for righthand threads.

IanMunro
    Free Member

i wouldn’t bother +2
    A torque wrench for cassettes is as much use as using one to hammer nails into a bit of wood.

mrmo
    Free Member

just thought, cassettes tighten on a slight ratchet, it may cause issues with a torque wrench, Tight plus a few clicks does it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Torque Wrench’ is closed to new replies.