Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

Does anybody here work at Halfords or have any relationship with Boardman?

I’m trying to find out what the torque settings are for the pivot bolts and I can’t find it anywhere?! Have rang a Halford’s store and they don’t know either – makes me wonder how they build the frame in the first place….

Shirley someone must know?

andybrad

a whopping 20nm on the bolts and 5nm on the ones that go into the frame

eightyeight
    Free Member

andybrad – thanks.

Not that I doubt your reliability, can I ask how you found that out?

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’ve read some horror stories about over tightening bolts on the frame, so want to make absolutely sure before I do it.

Also I rang what I though was the Boardman’s helpline (it was in fact Halfords). After checking with their mechanic he said that for 4mm allen keys = 4nm and 5mm = 8nm.

Again, this sounded like a bit of an estimate (which may well be fine), so wondered where you got the 20nm and 5nm from?

andybrad

it was something i found on the web (think bikeradar) some time ago.

Anythng that goes through the frame was 5nm the 20 was for the bolts through the shock. tbh i did mine to 10nm and it never had an issue.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Andy. I just went sensible middle of the road in the end (and cross referenced against aluminium frames with a similar geometry who sensibly PRINT it on the frame!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Torque settings for a boardman FS pro 2012’ is closed to new replies.