Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Torque setting request
  • jsync

Hi,

I’ve just fitted a set of guide rs brakes and sram mounts, does anyone know the torque settings? I can’t seem to find them on the google box.

Thanks

somafunk

Tighten the lever clamps just enough so that you can move them with a bit of force as when you crash you want them to be able to move on the bars rather than snap levers, tighten the calliper mounts to 6-8nm

jsync

cheers!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hand tight. As said, just enough to not to move in use, both clamp and calliper.

Torque wrenches aren’t too good at low end of the scale unless you’ve got a good low torque wrench. Add in carbon bars plus past experience of snapping bolts with a torque wrench used to spec, and I just hand tighten now with an allen key, double checking they won’t move with a bit of force. With the calliper, if it’s set up with CPS washers, especially careful as it’s easy to crush them with too much torque.

Anyway, bar clamps, stem bolts, brake callipers, even rotor bolts are on average between 5 and 10Nm. All come in the hand tighten until it feels right range for me. I use the torque wrench for big torques as it’s easy to under torque thinking it’s got to be enough by now and then rattles loose.

jkomo

Till your elbow clicks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Torque setting request’ is closed to new replies.