Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Torq rough Ride – HT or FS?
  • iain65
    Free Member

I’m sure this must of been done before but what’s the opinion, HT or full sus for the Rough Ride tomorrow?
    Cheers

Iain

gears_suck
    Free Member

Shopping bike to carry your boredom. Yes, it’s that tedious. Unless you enjoy going straight up and then straight down many times in a row of course.

ps44
    Free Member

It’s my first event on my new 29er FS. Based on the riding so far I’m expecting a cushty day – if all that moorland climbing can ever be called cushty 🙁

ps44
    Free Member

…oh, and ignore the moaners. I like it as a day out on the bike – wouldn’t have done it so many times otherwise. Horses for courses.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Hardtail will do. There was a lot of grassy climbs (some very steep) the year I did it, and not much in the way of rocky descents.

iain65
    Free Member

Thanks, much appreciated. Just looked at some you tube stuff and reckon the ups could be made better by enjoying the downs more so going with the FS.
    PS44 – hope the new bike works well for you, looks like I’ll be on an orange Ibis to say hi as you pass me by!
    Cheers
    Iain

Candodavid
    Free Member

Thought you may be better off on a tractor seeing as its so many fields to ride through.
    ( been drinking, sorry) 😈

chiefgrooveguru

Having done a lot of riding around there, I can highly recommend using a horse! 😉

emac65
    Free Member

The downs really aren’t worthy of a FS mate.Great views,many brutal grassy climbs that seem to go up for ever,but it’s very poor on the descent side of things….

& lol @ chiefgrooveguru

iain65
    Free Member

Well, used the full sus in the end and had a really good day, real shame the event may not be back on again. I know the descents may not warrant it fully but they were more fun than on the HT ……. And when you live in south Warwickshire you got to take what you can!

Mick – nice to meet up with you.

Iain.

gasyz
    Free Member

I did it today on an Anthem 29er full suss.Thought it was a gr8 course on that type of bike,nothing to technical just fast smooth descents.Only did the short route due to lack of bike time lately,
    but really enjoyed the weekend.Good camping and laid back atmos.Shame it might not be on next year.Not bad at all for on the day entry of £35 including food stop,T shirt and post ride grub.

ps44
    Free Member

Well I really enjoyed that. New bike made a real difference to comfort and rideability. I easily cleaned sections that I’ve found too hard in the past. Must be new toy syndrome 😀

Spooky – Iain I’m south Warwickshire too. Where you based ?

singlecrack
    Free Member

I loved it …bit hard on a SS though …legs ache now

Clink

I loved it …bit hard on a SS though …legs ache now

lightweight 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

😳

emac65
    Free Member

I loved it …bit silly on a SS though …legs ache now

FTFY…..

You weren’t forced to ride it that….. 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes I was. him up there ^^^^ said it would be fine 🙄

iain65
    Free Member

Hi ps44, I’m in shipston on stour, where are you?

Singlecrack, you really should know better 🙂

composite
    Free Member

gears_suck – Member

Shopping bike to carry your boredom. Yes, it’s that tedious. Unless you enjoy going straight up and then straight down many times in a row of course.

Riding up and down hills… on a mountain bike… THE OUTRAGE!

Did it on my hard tail today and really enjoyed the physical challenge. Shame it’s the last one.

ps44
    Free Member

Iain – Oxhill, just down the road from you. Small world eh ? I hear there’s a riding group in Shippy ? Not too bothered as I have a few mates I ride with and also happy to ride solo, but always good to have options.

SimonR

Grand day out – didn’t get round particularly quickly but it was a fun event. Shame that was the last one ….

iain65
    Free Member

Hi ps44, we ride out of Shipston pretty much every Sunday morning at 9/9.30am and Wednesday night at 7. You’re very welcome to join us anytime, just drop me an email and I will send details (my email is in my profile). We do about 25ish miles on a Sunday and 15-20 in the evening, although in the run up to the Honc and in a bid to get fit early in the year some of us were starting at 8am and getting a few more miles in.
    cheers, Iain

kimbers

well I managed the long route on my hardtail , so really pleased, some descents were rocky enough on my hardtail simply because you were hitting them so fast weather was awesome too got a sunburnt builders bum tho!
    great fun camping too as it was our first trip with baby and toddler, shame they ran out of paella but we stayed again on Sunday night so more than got our money s worth, reaaly hope it’s not the last

kimbers

couple of phone pics

1×10 wasnt the best choice for those climbs

Clink

1×10 wasnt the best choice for those climbs

Nope ss was! 8)

teenrat

I really enjoyed it. Good weather and a good course to test my fitness. Like others have said, it’ll be a shame if it’s the last one.

kimbers, reckon we were camping next to you as we stayed on for the Sunday night as well.

crewlie

At least you had front sus. I did the middle route on my old rigid Kona. I can’t move my head today.
    Great shame if it was the last one,

kimbers

yup teenrat, must have been us, not many left in the field – hiope the kids didnt wake you too early!

psling
    Free Member

Another vote for a great weekend. Arrived Saturday, did the Kington Festival Sat.pm, followed by an early night [lightweight 😉 ], really enjoyable ride on Sunday in glorious sunshine, stayed over Sun night [red van, further down the field from you guys] then had a chilled Monday in the Black Mountains.
    Email pinged off to the organisers to thank them for 10 years of a great event; a pity it will be no more 🙁

kimbers

yipee!!

Thanks and Stuff

Many thanks to all who entered on Sunday.

Rider times are now up on the website as too is the link to photographs taken on the day, in glorious sunshine.

Due to popular demand, after this year’s peat free route we may be persuaded to run it again and are working towards that.

When we know for certain we will email everyone.

Cheers

Jeremy, Geoff and Patsy

http://www.roughride.co.uk

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Torq rough Ride – HT or FS?’ is closed to new replies.