Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Torq 12:12
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone going?

Any quick riders need a team spot?

shortcut

Yup going. Will be riding in a team, hopefully of 4! Some on singlespeed and most not really being too competitive until at least 6pm when we can see where we are!

No great expectations aside for keeping going and hoepfully beating the soloist Trolls! 😳

zebardy
    Free Member

I'll be at torq 12:12, however this will be my first solo 12 hour enduro :S. Hopefully by 6pm I'll still be able to see where I am. Hope to see you there as I've not managed to convince (bribe) anyone to support and could probably do with some cheering/shouting to keep me going later on.

Jason
    Free Member

Solo for me. A bit of pressure this time as my wife is also racing solo…

Shortcut, I will be amazed if you don't beat the troll soloists!

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Yep, team of 3 – the team with no name!

shortcut

Zebardy – if you really have no friends and you bring beer to Troll HQ (TunnelHill Trolls) we will willingly shout at you!

Morvelo

If you have a cup/mug/vessel pop over to the Morvélo EZ-up to sample some Dark Star, all courtesy of our new sponsor 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Trails around Minley super sweet last night. Not dusty like last year, or wet like 2008.

It might all change in the next 24hrs though

singletrackhor
    Free Member

will be my second 12hr, hoping to do better than the first 😳

anyone know what conditions will be like after that rain…

16stonepig
    Free Member

I'm actually fairly hopeful for conditions. Been riding there regularly for the last few weeks, and it has been super-dusty. The recent rain will probably soak through reasonably well. And we have a couple of windy/bright days to come which should help dry up any remaining standing water.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, 16stonepig 🙂

c_klein87

Its my first solo 12hr, i'm really hoping it stays dryish so i can keep my low rolling tyre on the back!

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I'm going, we've got 3.5 riders, as our quickest guy has to either go to work, or to a wedding if he gets the night off work, we're gonna make him do lots of laps until 7 o'clock anyway!

martinh
    Free Member

Went round at lunchtime. Course holding up well but there are some spots that I don't expect to dry out before the race. A new section 3/4 of the way round is particularly heavy going. I wouldn't rush to put on the mud tyres though

singletrackhor
    Free Member

A great course that held up well, lots of banter and a good atmosphere.

All our lot enjoyed it, was my first solo finish so well happy with that.

How did everyone get on?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Really loved the course and thoroughly enjoyed myself, although soloing always has some dark moments!

Thanks to everyone who made it happen and all the Trolls for fantastic support 🙂 And well done to the other half for getting her 2nd 12 hour solo win of the year!

theotherjonv

Great fun in one of the BOB teams with 16stonepig, who is deceptively speedy for a piefan. Only disappointment for me was not feeling any better than I did, but after 3 weeks off the bike of which 2 were spent on holiday, that's not a huge surprise. Still reckon my lap times were probably 10% longer than I'm capable of, hence while I enjoyed the event and the banter, I feel like I didn't 'perform' as i'd have liked.

Course was great as always, lots of old favourites and a few new sections. I guess I'm lucky / unlucky in that i can ride these trails regularly so they are familiar, but lack therefore any novelty value. The only bit I didn't like was the section after the right hander into short sharp climb under the telegraph wires at about 6-7 miles, which needs bedding in.

molgrips
    Free Member

I loved it, despite really not performing well. Good course and it dried out spectacularly well. I went out about 20 mins after that shower and didn't get muddy at all.

I was in Torq Devo 1 who were 11th thanks to our first man out putting in the extra lap. The best race of the day though I reckon was the Torq pair – they were 5 mins down at one point and then decided to put the boot in and clawed it all back to win by 10 mintes.

zebardy
    Free Member

well I survived my first solo 12 hours. Didn't do as well as I had hoped, but most of that comes down to having sever cramp after 3 laps and having to soldier on for another 9 hours. Enjoyed the course (apart from the climb at miles 6-7). Great atmosphere with non solo riders giving words of encouragement (as they passed) to the soloists. Helped getting cheers from the tunnel hill trolls after crossing the finish line on every lap. The dj under the bridge and the tunnel of glow sticks were great additions after the sun went down.

Now all I need to do is find a way to prevent the crippling cramp I sufferd and I might be able to get a respectable result :).

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I was there … a team of 4 came in 51th which is about right for us.

Really enjoyed it despite being spectacularly off the pace, still we had another team of mates & they came 53rd so beating them was what mattered 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Very good fun, course was brilliant after the rain, really helped it, by the end it was so much fun!

We came 5th in mens teams, our quickest guy had to go home at 6, so we sent made him do every other lap until then! Had a guy rip a rear mech off too, luckily he's a rather handy triathlete, and lost about 8 minutes despite running 3 miles!

beej

Molgrips – that's spooky, I was in Torq Devo 1 too!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

We had a great time – came in 45th in mens teams – had fun despite the rain. Nice atmosphere and event

Not sure I can face watching Spongebob ever again for some reason…

Props to the soloists.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Molgrips – that's spooky, I was in Torq Devo 1 too!

So, nice bonded team them!

singletrackhor
    Free Member

wow! well done you lot. you must have all past me at some point, I pulled in/shouted back whenever I heard anyone behind and everybody and I mean everybody thanked me or wished me luck. Last lap, I found the solo glowstick and everyone passing wished me luck, mentioned beer or said something positive. Thank you all. Was a great atmosphere on and off course.

That climb at 6-7 miles was the only bit of the course I didnt enjoy, made it first lap, pushed up the rest. Course was superb and was a major influence in carrying on til the end.

Anyone having a bbq in the solo pit area before the end of the race should dish out food to passing riders though 😉

You Torq riders were seriously quick.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

singletrackhor, I'm with you. Some very fit/fast folks out there & the comments made as they pass were all positive – I try very hard not to hold people up and the acknowledgment of that is appreaciated.

We have two teams, we race each other we try hard but we are weekend warriors generally with too much round the middle and just doing the best we can …. really enjoyed it and we will be back next year. Hopefully a tad lighter & faster although I have said that the last two years.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Did anyone get any pictures of the podium presentations? Can't find any on Joolze's site.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some of the You Torq riders were seriously quick but not Molgrips

Fixed that for you 🙂

Beej – who are you? I was (and still am) Ben.

EDIT: I see from the pics on your blog that you are Brian.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Gee-Jay, i rode solo but the two teams I was with finished either side of your two. All enjoyed it.
    Will definately be back next year.
    Lol @ mol, everyone was quick to me 🙂

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

singletrackhor

you weren't the guy from Farnham with the Cheddar t shirt on were you?

Will have to catch up next year 4 teams who know each other will be more fun than 2

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Not me. Saw him around though, even passed him 😉
    The more the merrier 🙂

c_klein87

didn't realize the guy who won the solo was riding that rigid singular ti ss! and I was complaining that 1 x 9 was hard, major respect to that man!

beej

Molgrips – yeah, I'm Bryan.

>Molgrips – that's spooky, I was in Torq Devo 1 too!

So, nice bonded team them!

We met for the first time on Sunday… I joined the team at about 1030 in the morning!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Lol at Beej and molgrips! Nice to meet you Ben for the first time.
    Yes I was also in the torq devo team! Also a last day(s) replacment.
    So thanks Bryan to stepping in the last min on the day, don't think I could of done many more laps! I enjoyed myself,

Well done to everyone who entered and big well done to the solo riders.

beej

MTB Rob… so you must be Rob, or Gary. I'm guessing Rob.

I thought the atmosphere on the course was the excellent – lots of chat and banter, lots of consideration for others.

njee20
    Free Member

I was complaining that 1 x 9 was hard, major respect to that man!

Steve was on a 1×9 too, did SS last year though.

Admittedly I only did 5 laps, but did the whole lot in the big (admittedly only 42t) ring, it was a perfect course for a 1×9 I reckon!

c_klein87

Yeah it was tbh, i've since decided to stick with 1×9 for dusk til dawn as I only walked the steep bit on my last lap. Yeah think i got the singulars mixed up, definitely remember the rigid one overtaking me at some point tho =/

njee20
    Free Member

I think Steve's was rigid, just had (some) gears on it this year.

I'm very tempted to go single ring I must admit, I hardly use the inner these days.

c_klein87

i think its worth a try, i run 34 and upto a 34 on the back, but i think upto 36/38 on the front would be fine

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I was thinking 36, with an 11-36 on the back. There's only a few courses I can think of where I'd want smaller, and then I could just fit a 34 or something.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Torq 12:12’ is closed to new replies.