Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Torn Soleus calf muscle – how long off the bike?
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

Has anyone done this? I was just wondering what people’s experiences had been in terms of rehabilitation times as it happened to me two days ago when running upstairs.
    I have been following the medical advice around ice packs and am about to start some calf stretching exercises, but of course my main concern is …….. When can I get back on the bike?? The medical advice is that cycling can be commenced as soon as the pain allows and whilst I am finding it much easier to walk on it I sneakily just had a little gentle spin on the turbo and could instantly feel an ache in the calf area.

It’s Easter weekend, I’ve just bought a new bike and I’m properly pissed off.

Please give me some hope!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I have been following the medical advice around ice packs and am about to start some calf stretching exercises

Why would you stretch something that is torn and knitting itself back together?

Flapjack
    Free Member

Because that’s what they said in the hospital.
    The print off they gave me in A&E states that light stretching excercises should be commenced after 48 hours to “reduce the shortening and loss of elasticity that occurs during the healing of muscle tears”

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Not sure that I agree with A&E advice, but hey ho.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Torn Soleus calf muscle – how long off the bike?’ is closed to new replies.