Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Torn shoulder ligament recovery time?
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I fell the other night and have a grade 3 ac separation in my right shoulder. Just been told to keep it in the sling for now and have to go back to the hospital next week to see how it’s doing.

Just wondering how long I’m looking at before I’ll be able to start doing things with it, go back to work, driving etc

Guess I’m going to be off the bike for a while 🙁

taffy
    Free Member

I did mine just under 2 weeks ago. first week was pretty impossible (using a knife and fork was a tricky broses and getting in the bath nigh on impossible onmy tod) the more you rest it the better really..

I can now sit on my bike and ride to the shops or some gentle towpath/brideleway stuff but it aches like hell and i still have trouble lifting it above shoulder height and getting a full range of movment.

Driving was never an issue as i have an automatic!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

first week was pretty impossible

Tell me about it even simple tasks are hard work, especially as I’ve got to use my left hand when I’m right handed. I’ve had hardly any sleep the couple nights too, got given ibuprofen at the hospital but it doesn’t even touch the pain.

I’m not going to rush back to riding and risk making it worse, might have to get an exercise bike or turbo trainer 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Torn shoulder ligament recovery time?’ is closed to new replies.