Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Torn intercostal muscles
  • firestarter
    Free Member

How long to heal or at least not hurt. I hurt myself at work and felt bad I couldn’t ride with ton and Essel but the pain really isn’t going away
    It’s been a good while now and really should have Fecked off by now. It’s getting to the point I’m starting to blame it on my new found rotundness

fifeandy
    Free Member

Dr Google says 2 weeks for very mild strain and up to 6 weeks with physio for a bad one.

Sucks to be out of action, but if you are going to pick a time of year to be injured it may as well be now

jambalaya
    Free Member

Longer than you’d think/wish. I had a tear 10 years ago so memory a bit vague, a month ? Hurts like ****, sleeping was a nightmare as I normally move around a bit. Took lots of painkillers, tried to laugh it off

Sandwich

tried to laugh it off

And regretted it immediately. 8)

russyh
    Free Member

Took me a month. Horrific if I remember correctly.

submarined
    Free Member

I did one in June last year, hurt. A LOT. Probably not helped by trying to ride through the pain the next day with lots of painkillers. Jumping was painful…
    Took about 2.5 months to get most function back. I still get the occasional twinge now. Bloody painful, you have my sympathy. I think it hurt me more and took longer to recover than breaking a rib. But was nearly 15 years younger when I did that.

Northwind

I was about 3 weeks before I could ride at all and a couple more after that before it started really being fun again. Worse than broken ribs imo. Also you get less sympathy.

iainc

mine eased after about 6 weeks, still pretty sore and and off for a year. Am now just over 3 yrs and still get twinges and aches.

russyh
    Free Member

Whats sympathy? I get more sex than sympathy nowadays, although i’m sure she would say they are on in the same thing….

P-Jay
    Free Member

2 weeks to stop hurting all the time, another 2 to stop hurting when i tried to do something 6 in total to feel normal again.

nach
    Free Member

I’ve hurt mine three times, and it was like P-Jay says every time.

jumble
    Free Member

I hurt mine last year. It took 6 months until no pain. I aggravated mine after 3 months by trying to do stuff too early which probably added a month.

Good luck with you recovery. Very painful and not a lot you can do about it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just when I thought it was fixed it dropped off a small kerb and screamed…

atlaz
    Free Member

I reckon 2 months when I did mine before I felt 100%. Was probably at 90% after a few weeks though.

I’d never experienced anything like it, ended up at the doctor thinking I had some sort of heart problem as it was down the left side.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers all

scotia
    Free Member

i did this in june last year and it flumoxed the doc here… when finally found what i had it took 3months but i still get pain..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Torn intercostal muscles’ is closed to new replies.