Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • torn between two differing bikes – help!
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

Insurance replacement through a specific outlet and i’ve narrowed it down to two bikes. The reasons for them are through experience of previous bikes but some opinions would be appreciated.

I’ve had a Niner Air 9 in the past and a trek rumble fish 2 so i ‘get’ 29ers and appreciated how the roll, so bike A is GENESIS FORTITUDE RACE 29er I had an one one inbred and loved how comfortable steel was.

Bike B is a Cube Ltd Race, which has an aluminium frame and rather nice fox forks.

I will only be doing gentle XC rides from now on and like the Genesis because it’s simple, 1 x 10, no fork maintenance and will be comfortable on my back but like the Cube which is a bit more adept at more off road stuff than the Genesis.

I can only choose between the two otherwise I may of just got another on one inbred/piglet

advice much appreciated

AlexSimon

That’s a pretty tough choice if you really can only choose between the two.
    I would go with the Genesis, but then I’m no fan of loud euro race bikes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a rigid singular swift, once you get over the lack of comfort and a whole new world of forearm pain it’s actualy very capable on technical tracks.

So I’d get the genesis.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martymac

rode and had a decent look at my mates genesis day one at the weekend, looks stunning, nice neat welding, decent looking paint etc.
    genesis really seem to be listening to what customers say they want imo.
    ive also had a look at the cube as a mate of mine is a cube dealer, it also looks stunning, and is decently specced for the money, but pretty racey.
    would be genesis for me.

ojom
    Free Member

We sell both of these and have ridden them too.

Got to say, if it was my money, i would go with the Genesis.

Bregante

Genesis here. Love my CdF and currently lusting after a fortitude.

brassneck

Genesis, my superlight is languishing in the garage since I built the skinny Duster up with carbon forks – it’s just more fun for my trails and faster up the hills.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

turning into a bit of a whitewash this one 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘torn between two differing bikes – help!’ is closed to new replies.