Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yorkshire Dales riders – recommend me 1 – 2 hour routes from Hellifield
  • Farticus

On holiday in the area next week, and I need a couple of nice circular rides to start the day (out at 6 a.m. so back in time for family duties), preferably with escape options if my fitness let’s me down.

Cheers

domino

Take the lane from Hellified to Airton. From Airton up the lane to Calton and then the bridleway up to The Weets. Head down to Winterburn Reservoir. At the top of Moor Lane take the bridleway on right back in the direction to Eshton. Spin down lane to Gargrave, pop up Mark House Lane and then back to Hellifield.

Farticus

Thanks for that.

Any more recommended?

domino

There is some really easy stuff round Bell Busk and East Marton, lanes and bridleways.

From Hellifield the better bridleways are North. Do you have a car? Drive up to Malham and ride from Street Gate (if fitness is an issue, starting here cuts out a big climb) above Malham?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Hellifield is not too far from Gisburn Forest, the trails there are well marked so easy to navigagte and a couple of bailouts on the red to allow for time/fitness. Worth looking at.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/forestry.nsf/byunique/infd-7xrf4t

amasaback
    Free Member

There are routes from both Long Preston and Hellifield North towards Stockdale Lane and the Settle Loop of the Pennine Bridleway. If you have enough time you could ride over Stockdale towards the Malham Tarn Road. The descent down to the road is excellent if the wind is behind you. If you’re pushed for time you could turn around at the road and ride back over Stockdale Lane as the descent back towards Settle Tops is also good fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire Dales riders – recommend me 1 – 2 hour routes from Hellifield’ is closed to new replies.