Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tories running scared, or just union bashing again
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24976760

Seems as if theyre so scared of loosing the next election(which thye probably will) and are determined to waste more money on a pointless investigation into unions and picketing, to try and get their mates to vote for them, by having a go at the unions again.

Pity we cant have an enquiry about cyclist fatalities, road designs, and speed, speed limiting cars and vans,and more stuuf of benefit to the general public, but then that want win votes, or get to the front page of the daily fail.

Pigface
    Free Member

Both

scotroutes

Really? I’d have thought the opposite. I know we are still some time off but I can’t help feeling that Labour have no chance as they have no policies and no leadership. OK, it’s this latter point that the Tories are stressing at the moment – there’s a feeling that Miliband is going to get caught with his trousers down on the Unite affair – but they’ll pick up on the policy deficit as the GE approaches.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why do we need to speed limit cars and vans?

project
    Free Member

To save fuel,cut down on pollution,to save lives from drivers using excessive speed,and more.

Small motorbikes and scooters,lgv,s, large vans, buses and coaches, are all speed governed, along with various other small vans used by large companies.

cranberry
    Free Member

I guess the question is – would you like those “leverage” tactics used against you and your family in their own home ?

Unions are necessary, but it is a shame that all too often the big British unions will miss no opportunity to shit in their own beds:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10422530/grangemouth-ken-mccluskey-unite-union-ineos.html

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Slowing cars down doesn’t save fuel or pollution. If I take the dual carriageway to work I achieve low 40’s mpg at around 60 to 70mph average speed. If I take the back A and B roads to work I achieve low 30’s mpg at circa 30mph average speed. unimpeded traffic flow is what you need to reduce emissions, not speed. Cars are at their most fuel efficient cruising at around 55 to 60mph.

We don’t do unions in this country. They operate more like industrial terrorists using the notion that they are doing the best for the workers as their excuse. The reality is far from it and the union bosses are just as drunk on their inflated salaries and power as the big company bosses and politicians. They’re no different. They are giving company boardrooms the perfect justification and excuse they need to relocate businesses to other countries where the unions will work with them or where there are no unions at all.

mudshark
    Free Member

Seems as if theyre so scared of loosing the next election(which thye probably will)

Lo(o)sing the next election? Hmm maybe but things are starting to feel quite positive to me, e.g. more agents calling me about work.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m saying nothing until we’ve heard from ernie.

binners

Union bashing is the Tories default position. They can’t help themselves. But the unions are run by idiots who play into their hands every time. Neither party really give a toss about the people they allegedly represent! and are merely slavishly following their own tedious, self-interested agendas. It’s pathetic!

But I think the Tories are going to need a bit more than this to distract for the chaos that is unfolding due to their insane NHS reforms, the slow motion car crash that is the incompetent half-wit IDS’s disastrous Universal Credit buffoonery, and all manner of ideologically driven nut-jobbery.

The long term legacy of this government doesn’t bare thinking about! It’s at times like this that an opposition worthy of the name would come in handy. If only, eh?

dallas95
    Free Member

The long term legacy of this government doesn’t bare thinking about!

This may be true but unfortunately for Labour it’s too soon after their previous incarnation as a shambolic government for anyone to consider voting them back in power.

There is no political party currently equipped to save this nation. So most people will be like Paxman and not bother voting.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Looks like a reaction to events. A bunch of criminals have been harassing peoples families. The fact they do it under the guise of being unions means something has to be done.

You’d think Labour would be first in the queue to demand something was done.

crankboy
    Free Member

I would naturally side with the unions over employers but if they did target managers homes for their protests that is shameful and needs to be acted on. I would have thought the general criminal law was sufficient with out the need to invent more anti union legislation.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Perhaps the Labour focus on Falkirk/Grangemouth is more internal?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100246077/labour-is-lining-up-scapegoats-for-the-falkirk-scandal/

I have always thought there is a lot more going on here the has ever been made public (so far). Milliband’s initial reaction gave it away. But he has got CMD on the back foot at the moment with Labour doing a good job at setting the agenda leaving the coalition to react.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ed has made a good effort at taping the closet doors over to contain the Skeletons regards what happened at Falkirk

This is a nice way of bringing the whole thing back to the surface just in time for the Election

And as for what really went on at Falkirk – Mad Eric nails it

Edit: Cranberry – that Telegraph article is bloody amazing! Very revealing – plus it seems the big boss is a mountain biker 8)

crankboy – not so sure that the criminal law does do that much – its a tactic thats been used by animal rights bunch before without police seemingly being able to prevent it.

hh45
    Free Member

Union bashing is the Tories default position. They can’t help themselves. But the unions are run by idiots who play into their hands every time. Neither party really give a toss about the people they allegedly represent! and are merely slavishly following their own tedious, self-interested agendas. It’s pathetic!

+1

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Use of the quote button -1 😉

That’s better!

binners

The ridiculous confrontational relationship between Union tub-thumping dinosaurs, shoring up their ever-diminishing little fiefdoms, and a Tory party playing to its corporate paymasters, belongs in the 70’s. But they’re all too monumentally stupid to see that this country needs to embrace the German model of collaboration and cooperation if we’re ever going to drag ourselves out of the mess we’re in!

Anyone see that happening any time soon? You could sit back and laugh at how petty, small-minded and backward both sides are. Well… You could if the implications for our economy, long term, weren’t so tragically serious!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tories running scared, or just union bashing again’ is closed to new replies.