Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Torchy BK 7 any good?
  • toomba
    Free Member

anybody give me a small review on the above? Thinking of buying one but concerned they might be touch big n heavy.

matteggleton
    Free Member

Absolutely cracking little light, got mine a couple of weeks ago. Its not huge (but its not tiny either) It’s plenty bright, took a bit of getting used to as the light isn’t concentrated into as narrow a beam as im used to (riding with more run of the mill bike torches). Think floodlight rather than torch light. Centre of the beam is nice and bright. Great battery life too I’ve not managed to drain it yet on 2 hour plus rides. Brilliant for off road,clamp is nice and stable on the bars (no helmet mount included), but there are a few things that could be improved in my opinion, the main one for me would br the battery leads,they would be better if they were coiled to stop slack wafting about. It’s not a commuting light, even aimed downward and close (say 10/15 feet) road users will hate you, the spread of light is still utterly blinding so an extended hood would be handy, and the mode switch is a push button on the rear of the unit, it’s back lit led green, and it’s seriously bright so while you can’t fail to find it, it can be a little distracting, but really I’m nit picking here. All in all its incredible value I’m very happy with it

oink1
    Free Member

matteggleton – Member
    Absolutely cracking little light, got mine a couple of weeks ago. Its not huge (but its not tiny either) It’s plenty bright, took a bit of getting used to as the light isn’t concentrated into as narrow a beam as im used to (riding with more run of the mill bike torches). Think floodlight rather than torch light. Centre of the beam is nice and bright. Great battery life too I’ve not managed to drain it yet on 2 hour plus rides. Brilliant for off road,clamp is nice and stable on the bars (no helmet mount included), but there are a few things that could be improved in my opinion, the main one for me would br the battery leads,they would be better if they were coiled to stop slack wafting about. It’s not a commuting light, even aimed downward and close (say 10/15 feet) road users will hate you, the spread of light is still utterly blinding so an extended hood would be handy, and the mode switch is a push button on the rear of the unit, it’s back lit led green, and it’s seriously bright so while you can’t fail to find it, it can be a little distracting, but really I’m nit picking here. All in all its incredible value I’m very happy with it

Plus 1 – great light 🙂

Light on high mode -[url=https://flic.kr/p/LBDT8L]IMG_1691[/url] by Paul Tarrant, on Flickr

snap
    Free Member

Ive also been looking at getting one of these . on the face of it they seem impressive
    The ebay page states if your not impressed he will refund , has anybody not been impressed and sent them back ?

jkomo

No, but had a problem with a battery pack.
    He sorted it and then some more. His warranty is excellent if you need it.

russl
    Free Member

I’m glad to hear they’re good lights, I’ve got a BK7 and a Fluxient U2 torch on the way from Torchy, these are my first ever lights and I’m hoping for good things!!

Yetiman
    Free Member

can anyone confirm if any of the Torchy clamps will work on 35mm bars?

toomba
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to buy a helmet mount for these or are they too big for helmet mounting?

russl
    Free Member

I’ve used the BK7 and Fluxient U2 twice now, both do a great job, the BK7 would be fine on its own to the point that I wish I hadn’t bothered spending money on the U2 head torch. The BK7 has got a lovely spread of light out to the sides and a long long way forward. The u2 has more of a spot beam that punches through the darkness and concentrates in a smaller area. Hope this helps someone decide in the future.

acid877
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks now, as others say this is like a floodlight so the spread is huge but not necessarily concentrated to what’s immediately ahead of you.

Yetiman, I have 35mm bars and asked him what he’d recommend in an eBay message. The clamp he normally supplies won’t fit on the 35mm width but he provided an O ring which works reasonably well (a 35mm clamp would have been preferred but he doesn’t have one available).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Torchy BK 7 any good?’ is closed to new replies.