Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Torchwood
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

You could see it coming as soon as the evil woman in black said, when finding out Ianto had been with TW for a long time, something along the lines of – surprising as life expectancy is not long for those in Torchwood…

druidh
    Free Member

samuri – Member

> Try picking up a novel, start half way through, and tell us how you get on.

It's TV, if people are going to deviate from mindless entertainment and actually apply some strength to the storyline they could at least let us know beforehand. 😀

I hate these series where they spend the first 10 minutes telling us what happened in the previous episodes – grrrr!

Oh – and this habit of either showing the highlights from the following episode (yes – TW is doing this, I switch it off) or, even more annoyingly showing the highlights from the episode they're about to show. Battlestar Galactica did this and it was flamin' annoying.

Harry_the_Spider

I predict that Big Jack will go out in a blaze of guilt and rage fuelled glory taking the 456 (and everything else in the On-One product range) with him, leaving Gwen and the jolly tubby fella to bring up overweight gappy-toothed kids in peace and quiet.

Other predictions:

Peter Capaldi’s character – Dead
    Fit bird with the guns – Redeemed, but dead
    Prime Minister – Shamed and ousted
    Contact lens girl – OK, but covered in dust from some sort of explosion

nuke

taking the 456 (and everything else in the On-One product range) with him

😆

Yep, another good episode last night (like the 456 were ever going to be happy with 6700 'units' as a final offer 🙄 ) …looking forward to the final episode tonight.

montylikesbeer

Nah, Dr Who (who by the way has been strangely missing whilst all this nonsence goes on) appears with Rose to save the day.

Cpt Jack gets his body blown off leaving only the face of BOW

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and Series 4 is already being planned…..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Last night "The Midwife" pointed out that Dr Who is being a bit slack, shows up for the easy stuff – Daleks, Cybermen, Sycorax – but where is he when there are child stealing, smoke breathing sticky crab like thingies with a kid in the middle?

HtS – Contact lens girl is toast
    Gun toting madwoman – if she lives, I wager she'll join Torchwood – they are all slightly damaged people in one way or another. Apart from Gwen, who is mysteriously attractive.

Peter Capaldi's character survived and is, right now, the First Secretary of State!!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I like the gun toting lady, very attractive

The original female head of Torchwood in Dr Who was nice too

Not so keen on the Welsh girl though

gonefishin
    Free Member

Nah, Dr Who (who by the way has been strangely missing whilst

pointed out that Dr Who is being a bit slack,

[pedant mode]
    Dr Who is the name of the TV series, the character's name is the Doctor
    [/pedant mode]

Harry_the_Spider

My entry in the office Torchwood dead pool (yes, its sad)

Jack – Missing presumed dead
    Frobisher – dead
    MI5 guy in brown coat – dead
    Fit bird with guns – dead
    Contact lens girl – alive (covered in dust)
    Gwen – alive
    Mr Gwen – alive (injured)
    Prime minister – alive (disgraced)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

yay for series four being planned 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

Given the low budget it isn't as bad as i thought it would be. I've been enjoying it but the director and writer need to go back to film school… or watch and take notes from The Wire.

Oh, and the scene with the ultimatum delivered by Jack and Ianto and then their complete cowardess – wtf was that about? Whoever wrote that scene should be shot:

"Yeah, we'll take you aliens on, all 6.7 billion of us."
    "Nah, you won't i've just farted and released a virus."
    "Oh, people are dead, we give up."

Presumably all the bile/vomit from the alien is a sign their species is poorly and needs the kids to help get better…maybe…

GrahamS

watch and take notes from The Wire.

I don't think they're going for gritty realism to be honest.

I did wonder though how, given that the alien was sealed in an airtight case, it was able to release a virus in the first place?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I don't think they're going for gritty realism to be honest.

Obviously. However, they could learn a lot about storylines and keeping a plot going.

billybob
    Free Member

Really enjoying it. No idea what you're bitchin about: "Eastenders" and romance? Eh?

Bloke is understandably a bit emotional and shaken by essentially causing the death of his long term friend, fellow "soldier" and lover.

That doesn't seem particularly over the top to me.

Perhaps he should have just muttered "Blast!" and stared into the middle distance. Would that have been "subtle" enough?

To be fair I wrote before they died, which for once John Barrowman didn't overact.

Last night "The Midwife" pointed out that Dr Who is being a bit slack, shows up for the easy stuff – Daleks, Cybermen, Sycorax – but where is he when there are child stealing, smoke breathing sticky crab like thingies with a kid in the middle?

Also I heard them say something about Martha Jones being on holiday? Surely if she's that important she would cut short her honeymoon??

The only other thing that got me slightly was the cameraman who went in took ages to go through the airlock but when the alien came over him he was out pretty sharpish & no one seemed to mind the big dollops of alien juice on his suit!

GrahamS

Okay, what do you think would have been more realistic and less "cowardly" here?

Instead of running or trying to save himself, Ianto died while firing on container full of highly poisonous gas in an effort to take the enemy down with him. Hardly cowardly IMO.

And as for keeping a plot going, I think Russell T Davies is actually pretty good at story arcs especially given the episodic nature of the shows and the need to an appeal to a prime time audience:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_arcs_in_Doctor_Who

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ok if we are being picky – in the opening episode where they had blown the Hub to bits and Ianto and Gwen were crawling about, they were both pinpointed with lazer sights. I would venture to suggest that highly trained firearms afficers from whatever organisation would have shot them both.

GrahamS

I'd go so far as to suggest that highly-trained snipers might not actually use laser* sights in the first place.

But maybe they deliberately didn't kill them.. eh..

* And if we are being picky then: L.A.S.E.R. = Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. There is no frickin Z in it 🙂

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

We were discussing where this could go at work today. Luke puts money on the Doctor turning up at about 9:30pm. Lizzi was thinking that something lame like an earth virus killing the alien…where have we seen that before?

I am gunning for GCU Only Slightly Bent with Skeffen-Amtiskaw and Diziet Sma on board turning up with some real sci-fi weapons 🙂

Unlikely but you never know.

AndyP
    Free Member

Isn't this a kids' programme?

billybob
    Free Member

torchwood is the mature spin off, it's got men kissing men & some swear words.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Loads of this filmed just up the road from me, good to see the Gaer massive starting the uprising! 😀

timdrayton
    Free Member

i think christmas day at the harkness household might be a bit frosty….

Dimmadan
    Free Member

One less present to buy! Poor Jack

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It's going to make a follow up a bit tricky.

Will they kill off Gwen next time?

rOcKeTdOg

i'm the real father of Gwen's baby

Dimmadan
    Free Member

We need a test then as I thought my Dad was!

GrahamS

Just watched the last episode on iPlayer. Bloody hell. Great stuff.

kimbers

just watched it on my pvr after getting back from teh mega

wowzers that was frackin brilliant show to put on primetime on bbc1 5 nights in a row

singlespeedpunk i think jack said it was a fusion clipper
    personally id say stuff the GCU and get an ROU in there gangster or psycopath class, i think it was Frank Exchange of Views who i was particularly fond of

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Torchwood’ is closed to new replies.