Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Torches
  • peter1979
    Free Member

Im looking for recommendations for torches. I use them a lot for work and currently have been using ultrafire wf501’s which were bought from one of the cheap foreign import sites (dx or similar) for the past 2 years. The torch and battery’s are practically dead now and have taken a real bashing.

Needs to be LED, bright, pockatable, 18650 battery or similar, robust and budget of max 15 quid. Anything comparable to the ultrafires?

cdoc
    Free Member

Double your money and buy a Fenix. You will not be disappointed.

Had a few cheaper torches and none of then come close to Fenix’s beam quality and durability.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have one that uses 2×18650’s and its insane.
    4 levels + strobe + sos + zoom.
    Not small but really good value at £25’ish

CountZero

Certainly pocketable, uses 14500 3.7v batteries that use the same charger as 18650, very bright at 230 lumens, I’ve bought half a dozen of these over the years: http://www.dx.com/p/trustfire-r5-a3-cree-xp-e-r5-3-mode-230-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-39062#.V5Tw2pB4WK0
    At £8 they’re an absolute bargain now, they used to be around £12, but still great value at that. I’ve had one die recently, it only gives out a very dim glow, but the others are still fine, the original three, (including the now defunct one), are now around six or seven years old.
    They work great as a bike light using Twofish Lockblocks on the bars and helmet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Torches’ is closed to new replies.