Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Torch, recommend me a rechargeable one under £40
  • drummer
    Free Member

Hi,my son has just rented a house with a few old woodsheds and a disused outside toilet with no power outside, I want to but him a torch for the inevitable late night rummaging sessions

This one maybe ?
    [/url]

Cougar

Led Lenser are good.

Considered a head torch?

peterfile
    Free Member

Cougar +1

A head torch would be more useful IMO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

3W Cree sounds a bit feeble to me (for that money).

Better off going to Ebay
    eg:
    Torch1
    Torch2
    torch3

UK Seller

winston_dog
    Free Member

LED Lenser head torch, very good.

I’ve got a couple of ebay specials which are bright but poorer quality.

DezB
    Free Member

but poorer quality

Really? Maybe the headtorches are, but the Ebay torches I bought a couple of years ago are superb.
    Same as This. Bought in 2011, still a great piece of kit.
    Bought 2 off that seller Redlog, recommended.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Go to Aldi and see if they have any of their last sunday special 5w torches still on sale. Add some rechargable batteries and the job’s a good ‘un.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I got one of these a while ago. http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-152/ShiningBeam-S-dsh-mini-XP-dsh-G-R5/Detail

Nice and bright, dead small, no flashing modes, cheap, leaves you plenty of cash for batteries and a charger. Delivery only took about a week or less.

drummer
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I need it by this weekend which rules the ebay bargains from China out I am afraid
    I have been looking for one which maybe has a ‘docking’ charger but not having much luck ( I used to have a dewalt one but they are to spenny )

alibongo001

I have one from Redlog that came as a replacement for one with a dodgy end cap.

I was going to put it on Ebay, but would be happy to send you it for £20

It has 1600 (Chinese) lumens and 2 batteries and a charger.

It is focusable from wide to incredibly long and far!

If you are at all interested I could probably find the original advert with specs etc?

alibongo001

I should add that it would be great for looking in sheds, but is a bit big for putting on your helmet!

CountZero

Buy a couple of these and some 14500 Li-Ion batteries and a charger. The chargers will also charge 18650 batteries, too.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TrustFire-XP-G-R5-230-Lumen-Flashlight-Flashlamp/dp/B0093YP4LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385492561&sr=8-1&keywords=TrustFire+R5-A3+Cree+XP-G-R5+3-Mode+230-Lumen+Memory+LED+Flashlight
    I’ve got three of those little torches from DX.com, but obviously Amazon will deliver quicker.
    Fantastic little torches, amazingly bright, and nicely made, they work very well on a bike with a Twofish block as well.

DezB
    Free Member

@alibongo001 – I’ll have it for £20. Wife needs one for walking the dog.
    If drummer foolishly turns it down 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Torch, recommend me a rechargeable one under £40’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts