Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tora 302 Questions
  • landyshayne
    Free Member

Anyone got any idea how to set these buggers up?

I’ve moved with the times and put some on my s/s inbred but really no idea about how I should set up any suspension let alone these.

Thanks for anything constructive.

Shayne

coatesy
    Free Member

check out Loco tunings website, he’s got quite a useful guide.

timmys

Tora’s? Good luck with that. In my experience setting them up equates to turning the pre-load fully off to make them as active as possible and then you might be lucky and get about 40mm of travel.

EDIT; Sorry, just noticed you specifically asked for constructive comments. I guess my experience would be you need to be aware you might have to faff about with buying lighter springs if you want them to act as suspension forks rather than rigids.

Northwind

Setup’s pretty straightforward with these, there’s not an awful lot of adjustment after all which OK, means you can’t get it as tuned as you could with a higher end fork but also means you can’t screw it up as bad 😉

Are they air or coil?

VanHalen

you only have rebound adjustment! just wind it on till it doesnt pack down.

if you have silly amounts of sag when you get on the bike you need a heavier spring or more air.

Northwind

Oh- for Timmys’ post, setup of a coil fork does include having a vaguely correct spring in it 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I reckon Timmys had a duffer. Mine was OK though I agree it was never plush on the small bumps. I got the right sag with a soft spring and full travel from time-to-time, and u-turn and rebound damper worked too. I keep it as a spare since buying a lighter fork.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tora 302 Questions’ is closed to new replies.