Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tora 289 u-turn adjuster
  • hainman
    Free Member

hi,i seem to have killed my u-turn knob on my rs tora 289 forks,i found something on CRC but not 100% certain if its what i need as mine is a deep screw type and this one is 3 springs with 3 bb’s.hope someone can assist me as i need my bike rolling by friday,cheers

hainman
    Free Member

Anybody’s help would be greatly appreciative…..

scaredypants

I can’t help anyway, soz, but:

how is it “broken” – what’s actually wrong (have you had the spring out?)
    what bit have you seen on CRC (I thought all u-turn knobs had 3 springs)

hainman
    Free Member

cheers scaredypants.when i was cycling yesterday the u-turn wasnt turning so i went home,when i got home i unscrewed the u-turn knob or top cap.its the knob on the left fork leg if your on the bike that makes the spring softer or stiffer.i noticed there was wee black bits of plastic sitting on the blue cap underneath.i then tried to put the knob back on and screw it tight but the plastic nut started to shear and has made it impossible to get it on all the way,so its now only tightened half way.

hainman
    Free Member

sorry scaredypants this is what i found on crc.but it looks differant from mine as mine is a whole unit that crews in to the fork leg.

scaredypants

Ah, no – that won’t work

I happen to have a 289 tora running wild in the garage so had a look. I think you have a broken preload adjuster (esp as you said “makes the spring harder”)

(my fork doesn’t have u-turn though google suggests a 289 u-turn exists)

Sorry, no idea whether/where you can get one – maybe ask yer bike shop or contact a suspension shop like TFtuned or Loco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tora 289 u-turn adjuster’ is closed to new replies.