Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tops for removing stubborn tyres
  • superfli
    Free Member

Anyone got some tips for removing stubborn tubeless tyres from carbon rims? I have some vee tyres that I’m trying to remove from my lb rims. Got one side off, but other is tough as! Same thing happened last time, but managed eventually with hair dryer. This time, I’m struggling even more. Also spent an hour removing another vee tyre (different) from a mates carbon
    rim.

Any tips other than hair dryer? My rims aren’t flat from the bead, they roll up towards centre of the rim, so tyre gets tighter

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup I use my boot not my hands, same for putting them on. Walking boot ideal

Let air out.
    Step on tyre and push twist away from the tyre trapped under your boot. Seal will break.

When I put on new tyre I get the tyre 90% on with hands. The last -0% same as above. No danger of damage with tyre leavers.

Works with my MTB tyres and carbon wheels

superfli
    Free Member

I have one side off, although it was very hard work. Will try standing on tyre and pulling rim next

gee
    Free Member

Break the seal the whole way round and make sure the bead is in the centre of the rim.

The rim is a few mm larger at the edges by the bead hook so you need to push the heads off the hook into the centre channel.

leffeboy

Break the seal the whole way round and make sure the bead is in the centre of the rim

Not in this case: “My rims aren’t flat from the bead, they roll up towards centre of the rim, so tyre gets tighter “.
    I’m liking the sound of standing on the tyre but can’t quite see how that works

superfli
    Free Member

gee I cant get the tyre off the bead. Stuck fast. It’ll free up once pulled out, but thats the problem I’m facing.
    Maxxis, Schwalbe, Michelin, Continental, Geax, Specialized, On One, all fine with no issues what so ever. These Vee tyres are a pig to remove. I didnt try last night, will do tonight when a mate comes over.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tops for removing stubborn tyres’ is closed to new replies.