Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Topping up sealant
  • razorrazoo

Think my tubeless could do with a top up of sealant as I can’t hear any sloshing around anymore. Is it just a case of deflate, remove valve core, add sealant (as it was done originally) and then re-inflate? As the tyres are already seated (and assuming they remain so after deflation) will I need to redo the ‘Stan’s shake’ and leave on side for 15 mins for sealent to settle?

warpcow
    Free Member

Is it just a case of deflate, remove valve core, add sealant (as it was done originally) and then re-inflate?

This. A 2min job if you’re not anal about peeling all the old stuff out.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yes

As long as you have the syringe to get the sealant in, no need to unseat the tyre

At some point you might want to remove the tyres and get rid of excess dried up sealant , but I usually wait until I’m changing tyres anyway

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DiscJockey
    Free Member

Yes, you’re correct, simply remove valve core and top up. Your tyre beads are already nicely seated and sealed, so no need to shake the solution round. I would have a quick spin on the bike though for a minute just to slosh it around, in case some of the tyre bead lost it’s seal while deflated. Hopefully, the beads will have remained in place and you just need to pump back up to normal pressure.

razorrazoo

Good stuff, sounds like a quick job just before the next ride which should help slosh it round.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Topping up sealant’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts