Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Topping up sealant – will I need a compressor?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I'm going to top up the sealant in my ghetto tubeless tonight. It was first done about 3 months ago I think. Will I still need a compressor to inflate it or since it's been seated for a few months will a decent track pump do the job?

ta

Hip
    Free Member

You wont need a compressor. Took mine apart after 4 months after getting new wheels and the bmx tubes were well adhered to the tyres.

Might be a little tricky getting the tube visible all round but mine was still caught in the clinch.

kinda666
    Free Member

No compressor needed when i did mine, just took the valve cores out, topped up, re inserted the cores and pumped up with the track pump! Job done!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RoterStern
    Free Member

Unless you want to take the tire off the rim to clean any excess gunk left over then a hand pump will actually suffice if a track pump is not available.

eckinspain
    Free Member

good news – thanks

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You are not breaking the tyre/rim fit, so should inflate with a hand pump easily.

I recommend leaving the wheel with valve pointing up for 30 mins before deflating and removing the core. This allows any sealant to drain out of the valve and into the tyre and reduces the problem of the valve getting bunged up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Topping up sealant – will I need a compressor?’ is closed to new replies.