Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • topless women… (ok chainrings)
  • z1ppy

… come on no one seems to make any posting on threads about chainrings (I did a search).

What are you doing when it come to replace them?
    I’m looking at Deore 530’s and wondering, why they’re so expensive compared to 510, any idea’s? (other than not needing to file off the longer tabs that 510’s have)

Are you just spending £140 (XT’s) and selling the old crank arms?
    Some-one must be replacing there chainrings!!!!!!!!!

clubber
    Free Member

Almost no one buys shimano replacement rings unless they’re minted… Just go over to CRC and pick some up there or even buy a chainset there that’s heavily reduced (eg old square taper ones) with the right chainrings.

wwaswas

it is almost cheaper to buy a complete crankset than just the rings with shimano.

Middleburn are very nice.

Dougal
    Free Member

Almost no one buys shimano replacement rings unless they’re minted… Just go over to CRC and pick some up there or even buy a chainset there that’s heavily reduced (eg old square taper ones) with the right chainrings.

Based on a survey of at least one person.

willyboy
    Free Member

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Shimano-Deore-Set-3-104-64-PCD-4-Arm-Chainrings-22-32-44T–Steel-Inner-and-Middle–Alloy-Outer-12413.htm i’d either buy these or a deore crankset from crc/ merlin (you’ll get a bb thrown in that way)

glenp
    Free Member

Middle or granny – super cheap Deore steel. Much more durable than the Shimano alloy equivalent (mind you, Brie is more durable) and cheap as you like.

If you can’t bring yourself to get such a deeply unfashionable bargain then Blackspire are very good.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve used RaceFace and Blackspire in the past. I don’t think I’ve ever put Shimano rings back on. TA are also very very nice. Well made and gear cut but they don’t have loads of ramps and pins.

On the subject of ramps and pins, I’ve just fitted some Middleburn slickshift, Hardcoat rings and I’m not overly impressed (and that’s putting it mildly). The pins on the big ring are so prominent that when I shift from the middle to the granny, the deflection on the chain is such that rather than dropping off the bottom of the chainring, it can’t because it hooks up on the shift pins on the big ring.

Looks like I’m going back to RaceFace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘topless women… (ok chainrings)’ is closed to new replies.