Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Top UK Disappoinments
  • Ambrose

colonel wax – Member

‘My family are from up the road in Garnant, Mum lives in Betws. It amazes me it’s as OK as it is considering there’s no jobs/industry around it.

I know, I live in Garnant, up Bryncethin Rd. The view is to die for 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

The whole of Cornwall.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

In his defence it covers everywhere east of the a1 pretty much.
    Your’re right. Don’t bother, nothing to see.

+1 stay away, I like the fact all the tourists stick to the dales and don’t bother us on the moors too much.

Cities in general are always a disappointment, much rather go to Harrogate than Leeds.

JackHammer

I went to Cornwall, was disappoint. Truoro or whatever it’s called is the dullest place I’ve ever been.
    St Ives *yawn* gaming arcades full of snotty kids and the Great Unwashed. Topped off with some overpriced soggy fish and chips.
    Someplace called the Bowgie, apparently the best pub ever… It wasnt it was lllaaammmee.
    Newquay just some drinking hole where hens/stags go to finger each other in the local Oceania.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^

To be fair, Truro, Newquay and St Ives are towns. Seaside towns in the Summer, in the UK, are mostly rubbish. I suggest that you’re doing it all wrong.

For the ‘real’ Cornwall you need go out of season to shove a pastie/flagon of apple-y tasting chemicals cider in your face whilst walking into the wind along a gale-blasted coastal path, under leaden skies. Keep exploring until you get the ‘free lift home’ from the nice Coastguard helicopter.

– A30 in the rain is an experience worth many playlists.

– Costa coffee machines are available at a number of service stations.

– Browse some out-of-season bargains/used cars and vans in Bodmin. They are all £399 with ‘no known faults, drives great’.

– rent a damp and musty self-catering cottage for slight less than £900 a week. Free ‘Holiday’ magazines included, with coupons. 3p off a trip to the Monkey Farm? Sorted.

– Fancy risking life and limb cycling down the A39 to see the outside of the now-closed Bicycle Museum? Free to anyone brave enough to attempt it.

– Cast-resin pesky-fairy-wizards are available at Tintangle along with cornish pastie recipes printed on authentic Cornish tea-towels.

– Locals are super-friendly out of season. Pull over into the layby behind those trees so as to photograph the giant wind-farm over the road. Those occupants of that Pink Nissan Skyline won’t bother you, he seems to be smoking some very fragrant tobacco, while she seems to be trying to fix the zip on his jeans. With her face.

‘Alwroigh?’
    ‘Yes thanks, was just taking pics of the turbines, I’ll be going now’
    ‘Fair play loike’

vorlich
    Free Member

Burntisland. Fails to live up to it’s name on both accounts.

blurty

Lady Cannings

(Just too twisty and jumpy now)

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Top UK Disappoinments’ is closed to new replies.