Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Top tube paint etc damage on Inbred – tips to fix?
  • joeh2o
    Free Member

Some charmless nurk tried to steal my Inbred today from on campus in a very busy area – he was obviously disturbed as he only made it part way into my bike lock. Money spent on bike lock: priceless.

However, in his attempts to “acquire” my bike, he has damaged the paint on my top tube – you can imagine what it looks like – hacksaw marks down to the metal. The tube itself doesn’t look damaged (it’s barely gone into the surface), but what’s the best way to fix this?

It’s not a very large scratch, but if I leave it then its going to rust. Short of getting it completely repainted, share your tips for touching it up – I don’t mind a “scar”, but I’d prefer it not rust.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

NAIL VARNISH!

stumpy01

Get to Halfords and buy a ‘touch-up paint’ pen that closely matches the original colour.

Or as above – some clear nail varnish will seal it from the elements.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

as above…I’ve done the same to my 456 after some brake lever damage

Northwind

Child’s poster paint from the pound shop, that’s what it was painted with in the first place after all.

Or alternatively, what they said.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

If it has a few scratches and some surface rust, maybe next time they will steal someone elses bike.

Junkyard
    Free Member

new frame not made by inbred 😀
    Any paint that matches the colour will do

yunki
    Free Member

mud

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Top tube paint etc damage on Inbred – tips to fix?’ is closed to new replies.