Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Top Trek service, thumbs up again
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Having left my Trek 9.9ssl in the shed after the last race of 2012, (National Marathon champs), I dug it out a few weeks ago to spring clean it ready for this year’s season.

On doing so I found what I thought looked like a crack on the rear stay just above the disk brake mount. I took it back to the dealer and left it with them.

I’ve just had an SMS from them saying that they have received a new frame and built it up with my old bits and its ready for me to collect.

Result!

This is the second 9.9ssl, (Trek’s US built top of the line carbon hardtail), that I’ve snapped and the second time it’s taken less than two weeks for them to agree the claim and replace it. No emails exchanged, no raised voices, no internet threads threatening an online smear campaign, just good old fashioned service.

Thumbs up Trek.

Photos tomorrow when I collect it.

grum
    Free Member

Good customer service – not so good durability of product. Maybe they should have had it made in Taiwan. 🙂

banks
    Free Member

Hoping for the same treatment for my remedy 9

njee20
    Free Member

If only my ageing Madone would break so I can get a new one!

wwaswas

There’s probably a lot of profit in one – they can afford to replace them on a regular basis 😉

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Ride more cobbles Njee 😆

Well their policy is to replace the item with one of equal or better quality. Seeing as they don’t make the ssl in 2013, hence I got a 2012 model, I’m not sure what would happen if this one goes snap.

It does mean that I rode a good part of a national champs race with a cracked frame and did not notice. So much for carbon exploding/shattering and resulting in certain death

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Top Trek service, thumbs up again’ is closed to new replies.