Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Top Tips for an iVirgin…?
  • boblo
    Free Member

Being a lucky boy, Mrs Boblo presented me with an iPad 3 as a welcome home present when I got back from the TransAm yesterday.

I’m no Apple afficianado and this is the first of their products I’ve had. It’s the 16gb, wifi version.

Couple of questions for the STW massive:

– Should I upgrade it to the 3g/4g version or just tether it to my Android?

– What are the killer apps I need to install for maximum enjoyment (ah hem)?

– What are the top 10 tips for Apple newbies please?

– Is this the dogs of the tablet world or should I send it back and get something else?

[edit] Help gratefully received and sorry, wrong forum.

boblo
    Free Member

Blimey, stunned silence from the STW massive. Whatever next?

philstone

Do you have an unlimited data with your Android? Yes – then just tether it (provided your Android can make itself a wifi hotspot)

Apps – depends on your needs? Games? Productivity? RedBull TV has an app which is good for watching the UCI amongst others, Tapatalk is useful for some forums, although with the iPad its not as necessary, Dropbox if you use it anyway, eBay, iMDB app are a couple of fairly generic apps that I use…

Best tablet on the market? Maybe, but as I said in another Android vs Apple thread – do you want to pick it up and just use it – then iOS is hard to beat… Do you want to spend ages playing with different apps to customise it as much as possible? Then Android is what you want.. (unless you jailbreak but thats a whole other story..)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

An app that posts up some of your trans am tour pics would be first on my wish list.

rickon
    Free Member

Take it back and get something that wont rape innovation.

Like this:

prettygreenparrot

don’t go for the 3G version. Pointless if you can tether it. Besides, how much do you plan to use it ‘on the move’? As for 4G – utterly pointless if you are in the UK.

Best tablet? It certainly has the best screen. It’s nice to use if you like that sort of thing. It works well. It’s a nice size for sitting down use. I’ve been dealing with them at work and they’re pretty good for many things.

Apps? iPlayer, 4OD, iBooks, BBC News, Reuters News, Minecraft PE, HasBean, TED, Wall of Sound, iMDB, Book of the Dead, Mixology, Google Earth…

rickon
    Free Member

I thought Apple didn’t allow tethering of their devices?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just don’t take it to the hut Miles….

Frankers
    Free Member

rickon – Member
    I thought Apple didn’t allow tethering of their devices?
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO #

What does this mean?

drofluf
    Free Member

@rickon this used to be the case but they now allow it subject to our carrier allowing it.

@Frankers tethering is using one device to connect to the Internet eg an iPhone, and then connecting another device, say an iPad to it to access the Internet.

drofluf
    Free Member

@rickon this used to be the case but they now allow it subject to our carrier allowing it.

@Frankers tethering is using one device to connect to the Internet eg an iPhone, and then connecting another device, say an iPad to it to access the Internet.

khani
    Free Member

Get a hdmi connector lead for watching fillums and stuff on’t telly…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Top Tips for an iVirgin…?’ is closed to new replies.