• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by qert6.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Top Tip for Hamsterley Visitors…
  • sharkattack

Do NOT park right at the edge of the overflow car park.

You make it much easier for people to do stuff like this,

Nasty surprise at the end of an otherwise good day. I’m not even angry.
    I felt the surge of a volcanic eruption of rage and it must have got stuck in a bottleneck of impotent fury.

I’ll be livid tomorrow. Gonna kick someones cat.

trademark
    Free Member

Sorry for you.
    Any ideas as to how it happened?

northshoreniall

That sucks ass. Not much help I’m sure but is a Hamsterley riders Facebook page may be worth sharing on off chance anyone seen anything.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flyinbrian
    Free Member

ive just put in on there guys . heres hoping !

sharkattack

Just a quick smash and grab. No rock or anything in the van so maybe they were equipped with a hammer. The only thing on the floor apart from the shoes and pork pies was a carrier bag which they stole. It had all my girlfriends work uniform and keys for her premises. Nothing valuable but a major inconvenience for her. Police and everyone informed.

I’m not on Facebook but I don’t mind you sharing it on there if you want. Might be good to make people aware of what goes on. I really didn’t want to park in that spot but I told myself I was just being paranoid. Lesson learned.

Need to find a local window fitter now. Not looking forward to the bill.

chakaping
    Free Member

Arseholes.

On the other hand I once did a night ride at rivington and left the side door on my van wide open for a couple of hours. Fortunately nothing was taken and I didn’t return to find anyone dogging on the back seat.

survivor

That’s shit. Unlucky man. .

I Rode past 4 very dodgy looking lads in a silver VW bora or passat parked up at the top of the hill at the other entrance that leads down to the Grove. Granted not near where this happened to you but they looked very out of place and caught my attention. Do the forestry have cctv covering the comings and goings at the visitors centre? I’d stick a quid on the VW driving past at some point.

I didn’t get reg or a description of lads. Just judged a book by its cover!

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Seems that Hamsterley is becoming a bit of a target for the scum classes, I was there a couple of months back and got speaking to the guy working in the on site bike shop, it got screwed the previous weekend and they lost most of their stock. Low life indeed.

survivor

I’d disagree to be honest. The bike shop has been hit a few times over the years but it’s an easy target. OP’s bad luck is the first vehicle damage I’ve heard of in years. It happens yeah but considering the amount of cars left unattended for hours on end it’s pretty rare.

trademark
    Free Member

Only the main car park has a camera.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Hamsterley attracts a lot of undesirable individuals due to the short”commuting” distance from various local towns – parking anywhere other than the main car parks is always risky

neilthewheel

Total PITA, I’ve posted a warning on Hamsterley Trailblazers Facebook page as a result of this. Let’s hope it stops it happening to anyone else.

sharkattack

£156 for a replacement window. I’m a bit gutted now. Got better things to do than throw money away.

I’m trying to look on the bright side. We’ve been all over Europe in the van, at least it didn’t happen in France or Italy or something, or while we were asleep in it.

slammeddeluxe
    Free Member

@ Oldmanmtb – I think your comment is way off the mark matey. I’ve biked there for over a decade. I ride at least once a week up there doing night rides and regularly on Sunday and have need heard or seen this happen before. I feel for the chap who’s window was broken and hope he finds who did it. But Hamsterley is NOT a hot spot for crime thats for sure.

Peace out

survivor

+1 for the hamsterley love …….

Just to show what a nice place hamsterley is towards visiting bikers I’m going to start going round everyone’s cars and making minor repairs to paint and body work ?

Nahh actually f*** that but I’ll wave and smile at the least. ..

Drac

Bastards!

The only thing on the floor apart from the shoes and pork pies was a carrier bag which they stole.

You see this is what happens when you start charging 5p for carrier bags.

qert6
    Free Member

Interesting thought about the silver passat if that’s what it was. There was one of those seen razzing off when a bike was taken off the back of a car in the hamsterley cross keys car park earlier this year. Not exactly a rare car though…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Top Tip for Hamsterley Visitors…’ is closed to new replies.