Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Top tip for burglars – odd-numbered houses are best!
  • martinhutch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11784254/Police-only-investigate-burglaries-at-even-numbered-homes.html

No, it’s not the Mash, it’s apparently true.

I’m not too bothered though. I live in an even-numbered house, so it’s all win for me.

GrahamS

From the article:

The scheme, trialled by Leicestershire police, is now being considered in at least five other counties after it was said to have had no impact on crime rates or public satisfaction.

😆

martinhutch

With that in mind, a trial of not investigating any crime whatsoever could be the next logical step. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

You mean they haven’t already?

There’s a big sign outside my local ASDA warning “THIEVES OPERATE IN THIS AREA.” I’m tempted to take a permanent marker to it, “well arrest the bastards then.”

Either that or, you know, steal it and put it outside the hospital.

spooky_b329

During the trial, a police officer visited all attempted burglaries at properties with even numbers

But how many burglaries did they visit before? If they only generally attended 50% of burglaries before the trial, but then moved to using the house number to decide whether to visit, then its no surprise it had no effect on ‘satisfaction’ rates.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

There’s a big sign outside my local ASDA warning “THIEVES OPERATE IN THIS AREA.” I’m tempted to take a permanent marker to it, “well arrest the bastards then.”

Why not just steal it?

matt_outandabout

Just like the sign I keep seeing:

POLICE SPEED
    CHECK AREA

Surely the Police need to be checking the area for their own errant colleagues?

tthew

Well I read the article, and it says that this relates to attempted burglaries, so not a crime that was completed. In which case you wonder why they’d bother at all, unless they were targeting a trend or suspected prolific offender to get as much evidence as possible.

seadog101

My Dad got to talk to lots of convicted burglars in his time, Prison Officer as he was.

Burglars don’t like:
    Gravel – too noisy
    Thorny bushes under windows
    A back door that is overlooked by the neighbours
    Hedges around the back garden – harder jump over
    Big dogs

They will just move on to a house that is easier. You don’t have to make you house impenetrable, just a bit more secure than next door….

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’ve just changed my number to 24a……do you think No24 will mind??…lol

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Is it because burgulars are odd BALLS

bigjim

Well they want to stop attending burglaries altogether

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33676308

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Top tip for burglars – odd-numbered houses are best!’ is closed to new replies.