Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Top ride today around Skiddaw with the Bogtrotters – Pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Went out for my first ride in the Lakes today with SFB and the Bogtrotters (well four others really). A top ride, and great introduction to this area which isn't as far away from Dumfries as I was thinking.

It was around 17miles which we did in 3 hours, so quite a good pace without being too taxing.

Full set here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157622143982481/

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Wonder what your photo of the day will be?

simonralli2
    Free Member

It's up already! However, I am not SFB and you will see the difference in our photography when he gets around to posting his pics. I'll let him explain.

I would have posted him on the ground but couldn't get my camera out quick enough! And luckily the only other person who went down, and into some muddy bog wasn't me for once!

knottie8
    Free Member

Looks lovely , I must get up there soon. Im just trying to upload todays Qs pics now but fotopic is playing up.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – perfect ride for me in terms of distance, climbing, technicality and although the skies were grey, it only started raining really when we got back to the car park so yeah, an excellent day out and looks like I could have another couple of rides there this month too.

Southlakes
    Free Member

Nice Photos Simon, It always nice this area I was up there a few months ago and there some nice cafes and tearooms in the villages around Skiddaw.

Trekster

bit slippy along Blencartha was it?

simonralli2
    Free Member

For some people it was! Pretty windy too mind.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

cheers Simon – some good shots there! Mine will be along eventually…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – I think I may need to try a few shots with the "mountain" focus on to see if they come out any better.

Await your pics with interest 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simonralli in Bog Trotter stylee water plunge:
    (click for bigger)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Bog Trotter stylee water plunge

Made it across without falling in in a Bogtrotter's stylee heh 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

Oooh, I remember that scary technical bit 🙂 When I rode it, two ladies watched me "You're not going to ride that are you?" And I did, woop!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingerfox/2631408303/

clareymorris

Great intro to the lakes for you today then – always a fave ride 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Clarey – yep – this was a beginners ride (which I thought I would do as I am just not that fast a rider even when fit), and this was spot on for what I was after. Am hoping to meet up with Haddock this month for a couple more Lakes rides too.

Kit – to be honest it wasn't too bad at all in terms of technical stuff. There were one or two bits of rock I couldn't get up and over, and yes, I think if you were going at speed it would be a different kettle of fish with that vertical seeming drop to the left!

It was a great ride, though I did have a bit of a sphincter-twitcher on the final downhill into Keswick – hitting the big compression at about 30mph and travelling for about 20 metres with my back wheel way up in the air!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Top ride today around Skiddaw with the Bogtrotters – Pics’ is closed to new replies.