Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Top quality inns in South Wales
  • slowboydickie

I have persuaded my wife we should visit Llantwit Major (south of Cardiff) for the educational nature of fossils on the Jurassic Coast for our son and I plan to take the bike 🙂

Can anyone recommend a v nice inn or restaurant / rooms that serves good food in a nice spot?

Cheers
    Rich

Ambrose

I like the Blue Anchor In Gileston
    Don’t be put off by the proximity to the power station.

BigJohn

Plough and harrow in monknash is my favourite pub anywhere. Rustic and live music on Saturdays. They have a Facebook page. 25 min walk to best beach in UK. I shouldn’t really be telling you all this. Some monster ammonites on the beach.

Paulio
    Free Member

I live in Llantwit and the Plough and Harrow mentioned above is a cracking pub and only a 10 minute or so drive away. If you want to stay in the town then The Old Swan is the best pub here and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Not sure either has rooms though.

slowboydickie

Thanks folks. Both look great but we really need somewhere to stay. Wife actually just agreed to stay at Afan Lodge but then I noted ‘no pets’ and we have a labrador. Any suggestions for places to stay in South Wales (further south of Brecons) to cheer one’s wife enough to stay near mountain biking destinations?

molgrips
    Free Member

There are fossils down there? Must go looking!

BigJohn

My brother in law stays at the Heronston Hotel when we go down there. We camp in the field 100 yds from the Plough & Harrow (Heritage Coast Campsite) and I think they have a rather nice guest house there too.

Paulio
    Free Member

Inspired by this thread, I went for lunch at the Plough and Harrow yesterday and spotted a card for a nearby B&B on the bar. From a quick scan, they don’t say anything about dogs on the website though.

konagirl
    Free Member

Sorry not a personal recommendation but there look to be a few options, particularly if you go for a short break out of school holidays: pet friendly working farm could be cheaper than a B&B.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Top quality inns in South Wales’ is closed to new replies.