• This topic has 24 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Top Of The World, Whistler Bike Park!!!!!!!!
  • jakeyo1
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden this trail? Long edit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dh4bhbC4lg[/video]

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes, we raced part of it this year for the EWS.

You missed out on some better options though.

Could have done TOTW – Khyber – Kashmir – Kush & BC’s

Or TOTW – RDS – BC

Or TOTW – Khyber – Upper Babylon – SCAP – High Side – Highline – Business Time

Tough call between the first and third options, both would be a good hours worth of descending at a decent pace. On some great, not so ridden trails.

TOTW is let down by way too much fire road at the end to link it back into the park.

tall_martin

Not yet, but I’m booked in on the 20th of this month!

Very Very Excited!

Anyone else in Whistler the 20th to 26th of September and fancy meeting up/ riding?

Martin

mikey74
    Free Member

Yep, many times over the last few years. It’s great. More of a high elevation xc trail, than a dh one, but it’s rideable on both (I’ve only ever done it on dh bikes as that’s what I’ve had with me).

Plus you can link it up with bike Park tracks, such as No Joke, Duffman etc for a full 8km descent (I think that’s what the app said)

volatilemike
    Free Member

Duffman was one of my fave trails from Whistler. TOTW was perfect when we did it…Kinda wish we had gone into ride dont slide but we didn’t know what trail it was at the time.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hob nob: when was the last time you rode it? The singletrack now goes virtually all the way down to the bridge just above Freight Train/No Joke, so the amount of fire Road is minimal.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Yes, a few weeks ago.
    Did it on the nomad and then the dh bike.

DH bike was better, I think I did it in just under 14 mins top to bridge.

edward2000
    Free Member

i rode this twice last year. Hopefully ill ride it next week – fly out tomorrow!

willard

Dammit! Now I want to go to Whistler!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yes. It’s only purpose IMHO is to get to ride don’t slide or khybers. I just don’t dig it man. Do it to say you’ve done it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not yet, but I’m booked in on the 20th of this month

Is the peak chair even still open then? I thought I shut mid Sept.

Hob nob: when was the last time you rode it? The singletrack now goes virtually all the way down to the bridge just above Freight Train/No Joke, so the amount of fire Road is minimal.

Not this year, other than the top half for the EWS. I will do it in the next couple of weeks as I’ve still got some uploads left on my pass from the race, and I want to do RDS again.

its nice to say you’ve done it, not worth the $17 for the pass if you have to pay for it though. It does open up the other options for a monsterous descent all in though, which does make it worth it 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It’s definitely worth doing, being one of the only alpine trails in Whistler. I agree with hobnob though, TOTW into one of either of the two options down to creekside is a lot more fun, and now creekside lift is open it’s not such a chore to get back up to the village if you’re on a DH bike.

tall_martin

The 20th is the last day of opening.

Are the trails all signposted to pick the right ones?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

None of the TOTW accessed trails are signed. Khybers is on the left as soon as you hit the treeline, and RDS is further down well into the trees

Coyote
    Free Member

Never got the chance to do this last time I was there. Bitterly jealous of you guys. 😥

Enjoy!!! 8)

jakeyo1
    Free Member

edward2000 – Member

i rode this twice last year. Hopefully ill ride it next week – fly out tomorrow!

how long are you out for? Im going up again soon, I live in vancouver atm, you should try some northshore riding.

DJTC
    Free Member

compared to other trails in whis it is lame.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The 20th is the last day of opening.

Are the trails all signposted to pick the right ones?

Best hope the weathers not too bad then, it’s pretty grim up there if it’s cold & raining. You will have a lonely ride.

TOTW is signed, and you can’t really go the wrong way back into the park.

The others mentioned in this post arnt, they are mostly out of the park boundary.

You can download an app that marks a good number of the valley trails and works off GPS, so you won’t get charged for data use, you can start with those if you have the time.

andeh

Rode it when we were there over summer. The top bit is great, it’s rocky but once into the trees it gets a bit dull. There are, apparently, lots of great trails which lead off it though.

We did RDS from it, which was incredible!

jakeyo1
    Free Member

andeh – Member

Rode it when we were there over summer. The top bit is great, it’s rocky but once into the trees it gets a bit dull. There are, apparently, lots of great trails which lead off it though.

We did RDS from it, which was incredible!
    I agree, Im going to ride it again next weekend and will try the creekside trails back.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You might struggle, the peak chair is shut now, unless you want a long push up…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I pushed from the roundhouse last year #wasteoftime. Just push up from the bottom bridge to RDS

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I agree, Im going to ride it again next weekend and will try the creekside trails back.

I pushed from the roundhouse last year #wasteoftime. Just push up from the bottom bridge to RDS

Yeah, just walk/push up from where ToTW joins into the main bike park, or if you’re on a trail bike it’s an OK pedal.

andeh

Rode it this summer. The top bit is good, kinda similar to the megavalanche quali track, but the lower bit was disappointing. Pushed back up at the end of the day to do RDS instead, which was much more satisfying and clenchy. I saw the exit for KP as we rode past, but didn’t put 2 and 2 together at the time, which I had.

_tom_
    Free Member

They were just talking about building/opening it in the summer I was there I think so I just missed out 🙁 miss whistler so much! Riding over here just isn’t the same, nothing else compares. Keep hoping I can afford another holiday there but the euro bike parks seem such better value for money even though I know they won’t be as good!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Top Of The World, Whistler Bike Park!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.