Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Top money saving tip for DX (and other flat pedal) users
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

This may be common knowledge but new to me. Was seriously hacked off finding that Shimano charge £4 for a pack of 10 replacement pins as lots of my riding is rocky and they get bent pretty easily. Found that they are M3 x 8mm cup end stainless set screws.

Found a UK supplier, Orbital Fastners . Just ordered 60 for about £7, and they do 10mm as well if you want longer pins.

Assume that this will apply to all pedals that use standard set screws

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thought I would give this a bump in case people were out riding and hadn't seen it

brakes
    Free Member

60! that's a lifetime supply right there

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Is it saving money to buy more than you will probably ever need for nearly twice as much?

robhughes
    Free Member

bit of a hijak but how the hell do you get a snapped pin out.
    tried to get it out but to no avail.can,t drill as ally pedals(goose thread)any ideas.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Got a big supply as postage accounts for £1.20 of the total and I'm going to replace the centre pins with 10mm which Shimano don't do.

May be my incompetence but reckon it's pretty easy to bugger a couple of pins on one big rocky ride like yesterday, so now I'll just replace while its still easy to get them out

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Even better, but I won't lose sleep 🙂 . Wanted both 8mm and 10mm so would have been 2 packs anyway

mark_b
    Free Member

bit of a hijak but how the hell do you get a snapped pin out.
    tried to get it out but to no avail.can,t drill as ally pedals(goose thread)any ideas.

I tried, and failed, and then got a mate who works for an engineering firm to tap in a new hole next to the one with the snapped pin in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Top money saving tip for DX (and other flat pedal) users’ is closed to new replies.