Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Top Gear trio sign for Amazon Prime?
  • mt
    Free Member

Amazon will not get a penny from our household as they are tax avoiders of the most cynical kind. Also seeing as I already pay the BBC tax why would I pay more to watch the telly.

pondo

… the reason TG is on Dave is that Dave is 50% owned by BBC Worldwide.

Well, I never knew that. Explains a lot, though. 🙂

maccruiskeen

Well, I never knew that. Explains a lot, though.

Indeed – theres a bunch of channels (Dave, Yesterday.. all the channels that used to be the UKTV channels) they’re basically a way for the beeb to recoup money from its back catalogue through advertising income. The beeb can’t get advertising revenue from its own channels but it can sell content to other broadcasters through BBC Worldwide. The former UKTV channels are advertiser funded and exist as a way to sell that content for UK viewing rather than just sell programmes overseas

deepreddave
    Free Member

Great news. I don’t have Amazon Prime 🙂

CHB

Amazon drivers have our house preloaded as a regular destination in their satnavs, we use them LOTS. Glad that after a few years of nothing worth watching on prime that they are finally getting my favourite TV trio.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yeah but as mentioned, will it be part of the on-demand or premium?

My mum has prime, might nick her login. Might not.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s really worrying that so many people are unable to change channels on their TV or look away that they are literally being forced to watch top gear despite hating it and the only way they feel safe is that it’s going to behind a paywall.

the Amazon Prime offering was becoming so tempting that you’d really have to have some fundamental problem with Amazon not to buy it.

So for £6.50 a month you’d get OD films / TV, music and free next day delivery on pretty much everything you could want to buy.

I think that fundamental problem might just have arrived.
    This is your problem with Amazon? Not their tax? Not anything else just that there is one show you don’t like and they are going to produce it???
    If that is fundamental, I’m worried what makes catastrophic on your scale.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Does Amazon Prime show adverts during programmes?
    New Ripper Street back on BBC, I assume this is the series that was shown first on Amazon Prime.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear trio sign for Amazon Prime?’ is closed to new replies.