Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Top Gear trio sign for Amazon Prime?
  • martinhutch

The ultimate test for people who say TG was worth the licence fee on its own. £79 a year to watch your heroes in their dotage.

chojin
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    The ultimate test for people who say TG was worth the licence fee on its own. £79 a year to watch your heroes in their dotage.

A good opening gambit.

convert

I wonder what sort of budget per show they will be working with in comparison to their BBC days.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh, not for me that. Not paying anymore out to watch stuff thats not already covered by either Sky/Freeview or Auntie.

xcgb
    Free Member

well I wont be watching it then!

Harry_the_Spider

I’m a fan of the show but I’m not paying any more than I already do.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ll just wait for the repeats on Dave.

franki
    Free Member

I’m out.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I, too, am out. Unless the BBC’s new version is awful in which case I’ll wait til it comes out on DVD (or maybe torrents).

Andy

Thats brilliant news. I have no access to prime, nor intend to have in the future, so there is very little chance I will get to see those creative geniuses again…. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not even a real transformer.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Isn’t it a tin of green undercoat?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I loved Topgear until it got too repetitive over the last few series but carried on watching and enjoyed it as a bit of light entertainment on a Sunday night before going back to work on a Monday.
    I wont be taking out an Amazon prime membership just to watch it though.

johnnystorm

I’ve got Amazon Prime but won’t be watching it. Howzat?!

hatter

Since I stubbornly refuse to give the vortex of weapons grade bastardry that is Amazon a penny of my hard earned that’ll be the end of Top Gear for me then.

Oh well.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Bugger, I found I couldn’t watch anything in HD on amazon because of their ridiculous limitations on HD. Prob a nope for me, unless I wangle another free trial, and just watch it all.

footflaps

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thats brilliant news. I have no access to prime, nor intend to have in the future, so there is very little chance I will get to see those creative geniuses again….

I suggest those creative juices are on the wane if some of the recent shows are anything to go by. How many more ‘ridiculous’ road trip can they think of? I think perhaps building their own skidoo’s and racing to the North Pole is one….Oh hang on! 🙂

chojin
    Free Member

Too much consensus and not enough “irrational debate” going on in this thread.

For that reason, I too am ooooot.

Sui
    Free Member

shrewd move by Amazon i think. I don’t doubt the same budget will nto apply to the new show, but it will draw in people who will willing pay for it – see it as a loss leader to a grander plan.

jimmy

It’s all about Evans now.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up to Amazon Prime so that I can get it once it’s out.

(Nah, not really – I’ll catch the odd episode on Dave in a few years like I do now I expect)

scotroutes

+1

milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve got Amazon Prime as part of my LoveFilm subscription and I actually like a lot of what they do so it’ll cost me nothing to keep watching it. Apart from the fact my ‘broadband’ is incapable of streaming anything from Instant Video without horrific buffering so I won’t be watching it 🙁

Chris Evans had better make TG good 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For that reason, I too am ooooot.

No, you’re not.

DrJ

I can see the perfect AmazonGear show – a road trip across Luxembourg.

Oh, hang on …

stumpy01

I’m looking forward to seeing what Chris Evans come up with – just home the rumours about Jodie Kidd being one of the presenters isn’t true; seems like a lovely woman & real petrolhead racer but can’t present for toffee – she was/is awful on the Formula-E stuff.

As for the old threesome – when you watch the older episodes, you realise how bad the newer episodes were getting. I won’t be paying up to watch them.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33672282
    I wouldn’t have been signing up to Amazon anyway but this has just made Top Gear a bit more interesting.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve got Amazon Prime as part of my LoveFilm subscription

Me too.

I watched the last series of Ripper Street which they did rather a good job of when the Beeb dumped it.

Now working my way through Walking Dead from the beginning.

So I’ll be giving it a watch.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Now working my way through Walking Dead from the beginning.

So was I, until I got to series 4 and they wanted more money to watch it. Stuff that on top of the monthly fee. I torrented it.
    Looking forward to new top gear.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ll wait till they’re doing the free offer for a month thingy, sign up then watch all the episodes (did that with Netflix and Breaking Bad)

Although £79 a year is comparable with Netflix

Drac

I’ve just cancelled my Prime account and it’ll stay that way despite me enjoying Top Gear. At least it’ll stop those who hate it accidentally watching it.

tomd
    Free Member

Prime has just lumped on-demand spotify-esque music streaming in with the package. I was discussing with a colleague yesterday that the Amazon Prime offering was becoming so tempting that you’d really have to have some fundamental problem with Amazon not to buy it.

So for £6.50 a month you’d get OD films / TV, music and free next day delivery on pretty much everything you could want to buy.

I think that fundamental problem might just have arrived.

dragon
    Free Member

Nah, not really – I’ll catch the odd episode on Dave in a few years like I do now I expect

Not likely with the new Amazon stuff, as the reason TG is on Dave is that Dave is 50% owned by BBC Worldwide.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

that you’d really have to have some fundamental problem with Amazon not to buy it.

True story. Amazon stole £200 from me. Got it refunded via Visa, though.

Mainly I won’t get prime because we have an internet connection consisting of a piece of soggy string. Touch annoying really.

convert

And a free kindle library with prime. I think it can be good value if you use all the features. I have prime for work as I order so much stuff from them needed in a hurry that it makes sense. The personal spin off use is merely coincidental!

chewkw
    Free Member

I only watch free telly or youtube or free stuff. Not going to pay beyond my license fees and I can now ignore car programme until I want my next car.

satchm00
    Free Member

Think I’ll save myself £79 a year as it will no doubt be on Dave at some point.

Last couple of years it had been rubbish anyway, don’t see what the fuss is about.

Drac

The reason I cancelled my Prime was that the movies and shows were mainly crap that had been out for ages. They had one or 2 ‘exclusive’ series but not enough for me to want to continue to pay. I also didn’t pay the extra for next day free as it often comes the next day anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear trio sign for Amazon Prime?’ is closed to new replies.