Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Top Gear tonight. Last in the series.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was it not from Englan’s most Westerly point?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That sun looked like it had risen to me….

dave_aber
    Free Member

Fair enough, by around 30 metres. Ardnamurchan Point is generally recognised as the most Westerly point on the GB mainland though, albeit inaccurately by that short distance.

A good 22 miles West of Land’s End

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simondbarnes

dave_aber – Member
    Geography lesson for Clarkson.

Britian’s most westerly point is Ardnamurchan point, not Land’s End

Did he mention Britain?

dave_aber
    Free Member

CFH – Well, he DID leave from England’s most Westerly point, but as he did it he claimed it was Britain’s most Westerly point.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Did he mention Britain?

Yes, he did.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got three points for overtaking on chevrons.

simondbarnes

Yes, he did.

Fair enough 🙂 I couldn’t remember, hence the question.

grunty
    Free Member

Man, I hate Prescott but, he is making Clarkson look a cock (and the audience) – I now have a certain feeling of ambivolance towards him. ;o)

simondbarnes

Prescott is a ****

woffle
    Free Member

Prescott is a ****

+1

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Probably because he’s getting paid for it.

Dan67
    Free Member

yeah I do feel a bit sorry for him

dave_aber
    Free Member

Bits of him are quite far West too.

spacemonkey

I wouldn’t quite say that Prescott is making Clarkson look like a cock. He is after all skilled in spin, so I personally wouldn’t trust much of what he says anyway. Clarkson is being his usual arrogant self. Methinks that makes two such protagonists.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ok losers…how many times has this set of has-heens revisited the past FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER other that for self publicity. I mean, F40? FFS

Cashing on on Senna again? Hmmm is there anything of the barrel left?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMG someone In the audience (oddly enough not one of the hotties in the front row) has something to say!!!!!!

🙄

crazy-legs

About the only good part of this episode is the Moon Buggy bit. The 959/F40 feature was just to let Hammond rag them up and down for no real reason. The Cool Wall was the same old shite as usual, most of this series has been dull and predictable.

Hope the new series in Summer is better.

snaps
    Free Member

Cashing on on Senna again?

What you on about – it was a heads up for a documentary

cynic-al
    Free Member

Exactly.

Houns

Only 4 months to wait until the next series. Excellent

dave_aber
    Free Member

Surprisingly, if he’d done that ‘race’ right, from Corrachadh Mòr to Lowestoft Ness it would be 554 miles – less than 100 miles more than the route he took. He’d have had to average over 72mph though…..

grahamh
    Free Member

Oh well that last of this series of “Last of the summer wine”, oops sorry top Gear

psling
    Free Member

I hear they’re changing the base product next series. Same format, different mode of transport. They’ll still have The Stig but dressed in full-face helmet and body armour. They’ll be ragging carbon fibre finery around a XC course, putting a star on a reasonable priced hardtail, extracting the urine from singlespeed riders and following Hanibal through the Alps on full-sussers. Wonder what the viewing figures will be like… 😕 😆

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Oh well that last of this series of “Last of the summer wine”, oops sorry top Gear

Shame, I’ll miss seeing Cleggy driving an old tin bath down the hill gurning at the camera and saying something homophobic, misogynist or racist.

Can’t wait for the Summer series!

mtbfix

They were just rude about the Yaris Verso! Unless anything unplanned happens I am not waiting to die. It does, however, carry bikes very well and is brilliant for nipping to the shops with the baby and pram in the back. Grrrr, BBC madness. They have gone too far this time. Can I have my licence fee back please?

WTF
    Free Member

After watching Stewart Lee my opinion of Top Gear is more amusing now 😀

And yes I did download it illegaly.

mudshark
    Free Member

They were just rude about the Yaris Verso

Not sure how they pick the cars to comment on; maybe the point is that those that have one aren’t shy about saying their car isn’t the most important thing in their life. BTW, I’ve just ordered a Roomster….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mcmoonter – Member
    I got three points for overtaking on chevrons.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

But were there solid or broken lines surrounding them? Can’t say I noticed the lines on the TG piece though (although the thought crossed my mind about whether it was legal or not).

jools182
    Free Member

I actually liked the bit about the 959 and the F40

I’m always up for a bit of nostalgia especially where cars are concerned. Sure it was just an excuse for Hammond to rag some cars around, but it just made me wish I had his job

I know the top gear boys are homophobic, misogynist, racist buffoons but its still quite amusing, and that does not mean I subscribe to their point of view

Stewart Lee is not funny, but +1 wtf, it did make watching top gear a bit funnier

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Get a grip people -TG is exactly what it is supposed to be – an alternative to watching dancing on ice or any other cack on a Sunday night! Good series? No, not particularly – entertaining for an hour? -yes I think so. And who gives a flinkin’ blip about where he started from, the XJ was good and they would have rigged the film if he’d arrived an hour later anyway! Accept it for the light entertainment that it is or don’t watch!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Love cars, hate reactionary old men.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You turn into what you hate.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They were just rude about the Yaris Verso!

I didn’t understand that bit, how come its only just made it to the Cool Wall when Toyota stopped making it 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe they’ve made a mistake and thought it was the Verso S that was launched a few weeks ago 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I hate Prescott but, he is making Clarkson look a cock (and the audience)

I must have watched a different show to you. Prescott came across like a total nob. It makes me wonder who votes for utter scumbags like that. Oh, hang on…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ScottChegg +1

Prescott was is an arse

goon
    Free Member

WTF > I got wind of Stewart Lee’s ‘If You Prefer A Milder Comedian…’ from a previous thread on Top Gear. The finest piece of stand up I have ever seen.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I love it how people are complaining about them driving old cars….. it is a car show….

Stuey01
    Free Member

I liked last nights episode.
    Prescott was a bit hard done by on the lap, never seen that much standing water on the track before.

grumm
    Free Member

Quite like James May (and cars) but the other two are just beyond irritating. Ultimate middle aged middle of the road ‘blokey’ tossers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear tonight. Last in the series.’ is closed to new replies.