• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hels.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Top Gear – the challenges continue
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Blackpool trip, not very exotic – BBC budget impacts.
    Seems like they’re keeping some of the old format anyway.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sick of hearing about it now. Chris Evans Radio 2 show is plugging the show to death and anything that hypes itself up that much tends to be crap.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Blackpool trip
    Not Very Exotic
    BBC budget impacts

Close enough, I’ll rate it 6/10 haikus.

legend
    Free Member

Drone footage or it didn’t happen

bruneep

This^

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve not been to Blackpool for about 30yrs. That makes it quite exotic to me!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

craigxxl » Sick of hearing about it now. Chris Evans Radio 2 show is plugging the show to death and anything that hypes itself up that much tends to be crap.
    This^

Me too, on R4 instead at the mo

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

There is that much cheap nylon in Blackpool you are constantly exposed to static electricity. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chris Evans has a radio show in the morning?

Jeeeze 😆

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Chris Evans now has several other people he can blame the potential failure of this show on. It certainly won’t be his fault, will it? 😀

I’m amazed the BBC didn’t consider getting Jay Kay on board. What the show really needs is another mega-wealthy individual who can ****t around in exotic vehicles at the license fee payers expense.

Cougar

Blackpool trip, not very exotic

Blackpool is the first leg. Presumably then they’ll get a seekrit envelope telling them where they’re off to next.

I really don’t understand why so many folk are lining up to say how shit a show is when they’ve not even started filming it yet. Very bizarre thinking.

Flaperon

What the show really needs is another mega-wealthy individual who can ****t around in exotic vehicles at the license fee payers expense.

I liked the old Top Gear and would much prefer my licence fee went on that than the countless quasi-celebrity dancing / singing / baking shows etc.

And how much did the BBC spend on snooker / darts / football last year, while at the same time BBC 3 gets ditched and the only interesting documentaries being shown are ones produced 7 years ago?

legend
    Free Member

Genuine question (I know, I feel a bit weird too): has Evans actually ever had a proper failure of a show?

atlaz
    Free Member

Famous and Fearless?
    His stint on The One Show?

He’s not done as much TV as you think

lunge

I really don’t understand why so many folk are lining up to say how shit a show is when they’ve not even started filming it yet. Very bizarre thinking.

This, the old show had it’s moments but is now gone, we move on, lets see what the new one is all about before we start hammering it.

legend
    Free Member

He was just the presenter of Famous and Fearless by the looks of it – I’d forgotten about that show, looks every bit as good as The Jump. The One Show seems to be trundling on forever

hels
    Free Member

It has Matt LeBlanc – I’m in. And I suspect, right on the demographic he was recruited to attract. I feel used.

hels
    Free Member

P.S can somebody invent proper interactive tele ? So I can edit our Chris Evans. It can’t be that hard to hit a button and have his bits replaced by an avatar holding up subtitles – Shirley ?

boblo
    Free Member

Sick of hearing about it now. Chris Evans Radio 2 show is plugging the show to death and anything that hypes itself up that much tends to be crap.

Instant fix; don’t listen to shitty, old man’s Radio 2 🙂

HTH

johnx2
    Free Member

have his bits replaced by an avatar holding up subtitles

…never mind ‘manscaping’/enlargement surgery, whatever, that does sound posh.

Drac

Is anyone passing Blackpool and just happen to have a drone in the car?

jimjam
    Free Member

Chest_Rockwell

I’m amazed the BBC didn’t consider getting Jay Kay on board. What the show really needs is another mega-wealthy individual who can ****t around in exotic vehicles at the license fee payers expense.

Anyone who wants to see that can just watch Clarkson on Dave.

RustySpanner

I can only take so much Chris Evans.
    I’ve stopped listening to his radio show, in the hope I’ll regain a little tolerance before TG starts.
    He’ll flounce after a series or so anyway.

I’m just looking forward a Clarkson free car program, whatever happens.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just looking forward a Clarkson free car program, whatever happens.

Me too. (I’d add Hammond to that too of course…wait for it…)

I hope James May continues to do stuff like the recent three-parter he did for the Beeb. Some of it was really quite decent and I think he manages to pull off presenting a whole show on his own quite well.

hels
    Free Member

I meant HIS bits, not his BITS. Although there is a cogent argument that he is just one giant talking BIT, so I stand by my remarks.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear – the challenges continue’ is closed to new replies.