Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Top Gear in Argentina
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

because he is a racist ?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Why does he keep doing it though?

Because he gets top dosh for his Gear Schtick? Jeremy Clarkson/Jim Davidson/Roy Chubby Brown/Nigel Farage are, to my mind, human click-bait. ‘I’m not racist I laugh at everyone court and perpetuate all negative gender, race and social stereotypes in pursuit of my own interests’

Every click and view is another coin in their pot. Gah, I just tossed one in here didn’t I. Now off to make an atonement donation to undisclosed charity 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

because he is a racist ?

What has race got to do with this situation?

RustySpanner

All the ‘races’ are fixed.
    Everyone knows that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nothing but it’s an easy card to play when in doubt.

anagallis_arvensis

Junkie was referring to the slope comment or the eeny meany comments

nealglover
    Free Member

Even if you think these are just for laughs – why bother, because they’re not remotely funny.

Its a phenomenally successful show. Worldwide too.

You don’t find it funny, but something about it seems to be entertaining millions of other people.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because a significant percentage of people who watch Top Gear don’t know what xenophobia is ,or how to spell it.

I have no idea whether that’s true or not as I’m not a Top Gear viewer but if it is then that surprises me. I would have expected Top Gear particularly appeals to male viewers who are like Clarkson himself, ie, middle-class, affluent, and educated.

Some of his “amusing” racist/bigoted undertones appear to be too subtle for the less well-educated like myself. I didn’t previously know what the term “slope” meant in the context which he used it. I certainly don’t recall hearing anyone use it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What A_A said

Why does he keep doing it though?
    The slope remark in Myanmar, the ‘eeny meeny’ thing.

I think it will be rather hard to argue the slope and the N word has nothing to do with race but I will be happy to read your explanation THM.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Its a phenomenally successful show. Worldwide too.

We had a Chinese visitor last week who confessed that he learned English mostly by watching Top Gear. Heaven help us.

nealglover
    Free Member

We had a Chinese visitor last week who confessed that he learned English mostly by watching Top Gear. Heaven help us.

Which was better, his English or your Mandarin ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

He did have an annoying habit of concluding every sentence with a pause then…in the world.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Junkie was referring to the slope comment or the eeny meany comments

Ok sloppy reading on my part.

bloodynora
    Free Member

I think the number plate they used was far too subtle…..GOTCHA! would’ve been my choice 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear in Argentina’ is closed to new replies.