• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ski.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Top Gear: Hammonds hair
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

Get it cut you James May love boy!

jimmy

Watched Top Gear last week. Its getter stiffer and more predictably 'acted' by the series. Bag o' toss. And Hammonds hair (but I wish I had it)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sheesh. Some people you just can't please, can you…..?

cynic-al
    Free Member

How long will the tired format/presenters last going downhill at this pace?

Forever, given the watching public.

psychle
    Free Member

That was a fairly sh1t episode though… boooooring… felt more like a recruitment drive for the army tbh (or maybe Royal Mail?) 🙄

white101

I missed it, was celebrating a draw in the cricket!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You didn't miss much – needs a new format.

white101

Saw a bit on virgin catchup, he looks like a 80's cock rock lead singer, needs a tight pair of jeans and a denim jacket.

MTT
    Free Member

I am inclined to buy a 10yr old evo though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I know the roads up to and on Orkney well. The £90k Porche must have the worst sat nav ever as they took the most indirect route.

psychle
    Free Member

I am inclined to buy a 10yr old evo though

And shoot it up till it explodes? 😀

brant
    Free Member

Scripted – oh it's horrible isn't it.

I was watching it on iplayer the other night and started making notes, but gave up. Bit sad. Ex-journo coming out.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

white101 – Member
    Saw a bit on virgin catchup, he looks like a 80's cock rock lead singer, needs a tight pair of jeans and a denim jacket.

Thought he was after the David Essex look from the early 80's, shaggy hait, collarless shirt and waistcoat. Was waiting for him to break into "A Winter's Tale"!!

MTT
    Free Member

And shoot it up till it explodes?

I don't think you'd need to shoot it…

white101

I expect another best driving song episode with steppenwolf winning and Hammond beeming with joy, thought it was Clarksons job to be the 80's throw back

matthewjb
    Free Member

It's best to record it and then fast forward through the dull bits.

Then you avoid Clarkson's appalling interview technique for the 'Star' in the car and the more boring 'banter' in the studio.

I mostly watch it for the challenges.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I found the shoot 'em up bit at the end distasteful given the deaths in Afghanistan this week.

white101

Tact & subtley are not the Top Gear strong point

martinxyz
    Free Member

mcmoonter.. did they not spend a bit too much time on the Wick road when they should have hung a left earlier over the amazing road upto thurso? poor sods if they did! oh well, at least the satnav took them over the roughest twisties in the country.

marty
    Free Member

I mostly watch it for the challenges.
    surely you mean "challenges".

disappeared up it's own arse a while back and has outstayed it's welcome

ex-pat
    Free Member

You lot should be grateful.
    I was reduced to trying to swallow my own tounge whilst watching TG Australia – it's that bad.

Actually, tired as it may be and certainly ever more scripted it's still the best thing on my TV over here. Everything else has been dire since Rolf was sent to the UK…

stumpy01

Best motoring show on TV though, alhough yes it is getting a little predictable.

For a truly poor car programme though, watch Fifth Gear.
    About 5yrs too late, they are now copying the type of articles that Top Gear started with, but not doing it as well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I found the shoot 'em up bit at the end distasteful given the deaths in Afghanistan this week.

Eh? Why? What's that got to do with anything? Or are you one of those boring farts that tries to drag politics into every conversation? The Army need something to practice on you know, so why not get the BBC to help them out?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bring back William Woollard I say!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

>mcmoonter – Member
    >I found the shoot 'em up bit at the end distasteful given the deaths in Afghanistan this week.

possibly wasnt the best-timed episode, but TG have done several similar stunts with the armed forces, and the MOD obviously threw their support and assistance behind it. Came across as more of a recruitment drive, and an entertaining way of addressing the points in the media about lack of equipment by showing off their expensive and impressive toys.

I agree its getting tired, and youre expected to suspend disbelief (live rounds I think not, shumacher-stig accidently hitting a camera etc etc) but theres a lot worse on TV (like the whole of ITV's output, all the tired generic reality/talent shows). I think Fifth Gear is on a hiding to nothing by ripping off TG's format- theyre doing exactly the same stunts (sports car chased by gunship, or driving round firing range trying to avoid being shot) with less money, originality and poorer production. They should stick to their differences, ie actually testing real-world cars but in an entertaining manner.

ski
    Free Member

Yea baby,

Russia shows off it military power in Red Square and we use TG 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear: Hammonds hair’ is closed to new replies.