Viewing 38 posts - 201 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • Top Gear Co-presenter named
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

And oh the ironing of calling someone a ‘judgemental prat’ for having a different opinion to you.

Difference being, I’m judging you on your own words, you were judging people simply on the fact they were there.

Pretty telling how one bothers you much more than the other though isn’t it. Casual racism = fine, taking the piss out of the Top Gear audience = not fine.

I never said anything about the racism thing mostly as I found it ironic that you were the first to cry foul having just done a similar if not entirely comparable thing yourself. Do try to think things through a bit more before posting baseless accusations. Or keep digging, either or…

jamesfts
    Free Member

I think you will find that the old presenters were all very good drivers, much more capable and skillful in a car than you or I

I’m not convinced, JC was still decidedly average even after a lot of tuition in smoking tyres for the cameras.

Very good drivers for punters maybe – but TBH I’m not even totally convinced about that. Sure they could do the tricks needed for a TV show, but that doesn’t make them very good drivers. Harris and Schmitz are in a completely different class, and TBH even Joey is probably a significantly better driver than any of them. Whether that makes for a better show is another matter, but clearly CH can also talk about cars.

+1

grum
    Free Member

squirrelking – thanks for confirming: casual racism is all good with you, just woe betide anyone who takes the piss out of the Top Gear studio audience. Well done on clearing that up.

You’ll find lots of like minded folks in the Daily Mail comments section if alternative opinions upset you. It’s a shame there probably won’t be any more jokes about ‘slopes’ or mocking of gypsies on the new show as well isn’t it?

Careful now. Bit close to the bone for the average top gear audience.

Clearly!

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’s not what I said at all. Usually the knuckle dragger comments come from the aggrieved party rather than those dishing out the ad-hom and straw men so well done for the unusual twist.

Once again proving you are in fact a monumental judgemental prat.

nealglover
    Free Member

Well, as you chose to comment on the “token black guy” but didn’t even mention “the woman”

Thanks for confirming: casual sexism is all good with you.

Thanks for clearing that up.

woodster

Er, people who like cars? There are quite a few of them. I’d watch it.

But car shows have never previously done very well. and the costs mean this has to be very well watched to make sense.

This crew reminds me of when fifth Gear tried to go a bit Top gear and I stopped watching altogether. Hopefully I’m wrong.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I wonder if the new format will be like big brother where you vote one off every week. You cant fit them all in a reasonably priced car so someone is going to get the short straw.

My guess not everyone will be driving cars, there will be a woman on the show, a man in a white suit, various nationalities will be represented but not all and it will be PC.

Drac

I watching a rerun now. It’s got cars in and seems to be about cars. Most odd.

grum
    Free Member

Well, as you chose to comment on the “token black guy” but didn’t even mention “the woman”

Thanks for confirming: casual sexism is all good with you.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Look, we get it – you’re still gutted about them sacking Clarkson. Let it go. 😆

I wasn’t the one claiming that taking the piss out of the TG audience is the same as racism. Again – great point, well made. But ok, yes – the sexism is also pathetic, thanks for reminding me. I doubt it bothers you or squirrelking though.

If only we could go back to the glory days of calling Mexicans lazy and flatulent.

legend
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    I watching a rerun now. It’s got cars in and seems to be about cars. Most odd.

2003/2004 series?

Drac

2010 I think.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oooh…is there a race in it?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If this is what it’s like between series, I really can’t wait for the regular Sunday evening bants during the new series.

Drac

Yes there was a Top Gear Challenge. It was very close.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was very close.

😀

squirrelking
    Free Member

I wasn’t the one claiming that taking the piss out of the TG audience is the same as racism

Neither was I as I already pointed out. In fact it was you, once again, making unfounded assumptions and a prat of yourself.

Honestly, you must be hitting bedrock by now.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What is it about Top Gear?!?! 😀

mrsfry
    Free Member

Can’t see what’s wrong with TG ‘NOT’ being racist or sexist. I know it’s only 2016 and all that but I’m sure there
    are other TV shows which will suit whatever needs you may have (plus the Internet ).

It’s the BBC after all, you will still be guaranteed the recommended quota of 70s comments so don’t worry to much 🙂

Big hugs -X-

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can’t see what’s wrong with TG ‘NOT’ being racist or sexist.

You’re clearly not dragging your knuckles low enough.

chewkw
    Free Member

😯

Speeder

I think it looks like a great lineup. Ok EJ is an acquired taste but I’m full of respect for anyone that can go from bank teller to F1 team owner. The man’s a star, especially as he brought us arguably the best looking F1 car ever and was the first guy to put Schui in an F1 car. I’ll forgive him if his exuberance and self confidence sometimes comes across as I know it all and makes him look a d!ck.

Sabine, well she sure can drive. Whether she’ll make a great presenter I’ll reserve judgement on but lets face it there weren’t many contenders and I’d far rather have her than the other obvious shoe in Suzi Perry (TF that didn’t happen) cos lets face it the programme had to get a girl, didn’t it?

Matt LeJoey? Could be surprisingly good – can drive loves cars and seems pretty personable. I hope he’s good.

Rory Reid – never heard of him before this but he’s obviously not the “guy off the street” Chris Evans painted him as this morning. Have watched his showreel stuff and he could be great. Really promising

Chris Evans – loves cars, can present. Just hope this doesn’t end up like Zoo TV but I do think he’s got good instincts for TV and he won’t be flogging any dead horses and will be in it to make the best programme he can. I think it’s possibly the best appointment they could have made though he will be spreading himself verrrry thin with R2 early starts, TG and TFI. God knows how he can even contemplate it all and hats off to him.

The Stig – does he even have a place now? Bit redundant given the lineup – I think his days are numbered unless he can put some clean air between himself and CH/SS.

Finally Chris Harris – the best thing that could have happened and pretty much the only shoe in. If they hadn’t appointed him there’d quite rightly be huge outcry. Love his videos and general attitude to cars/life. He’s a bit of a mountainbiker as well doncha know?

I’m really excited by the prospects for a proper car show that’s actually interesting to watch rather than a n entertainment show based around cars.

I will miss old Top Gear as I really like May & Hammond, I even think Clarkson is good to watch but it had got a bit long in the tooth and it was tie for change. I hope their Amazon show evolves a bit rather than just delivering more of the same old same old.

chewkw
    Free Member

Speeder – Member
    … He’s a bit of a mountainbiker as well doncha know? …

Ya, everyone wants to put a bike in their car … 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And everyone gets to park right outside the caff at BPW…

legend
    Free Member

Ya, everyone wants to put a bike in their car …

Que?

markgraylish
    Free Member

BMW – tick
    Orange – tick
    Trail centre – tick…

OK, which STWer is he?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BMW – tick

Erm….

markgraylish
    Free Member

Oops ,that’s not a beemer, is it?!?

legend
    Free Member

🙂 no, but he did use this in the past before that car:

but he did lose points back then for not having the Five

andyl
    Free Member

well the one on the right is.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Do the BBC allow sponsorship now? Fat-Face and NEXT should be all over this lot. The presenters just need to be one step ahead of the static inducing blue and white sportswear of the corpulent audience to capture the bleeding edge of comfortable shoes/dad school run sartorial zeitgeist of middle England.
    I’m ironing my floral shirt and soaking my crocs in napisan in anticipation of being cool again.

chubstr
    Free Member

I used to like Top Gear, some of it became tiresome, some of it was properly enjoyable.

You can’t tell me for a second that the timing of the Clarkson “sacking” wasn’t concocted to benefit someone? Go in a fresh direction while the other 3 just happen to be courted in quick smart time to another channel right around the time when their contracts were up for negotiation anyway.

Clarkson makes a mint off Top Gear whether he’s on it or not so he probably doesn’t really care all that much. Hammond and May are still getting work with the BBC. I think this has all been concocted to a certain degree and if nothing else, it’s kept folk interested in what happens next.

chewkw
    Free Member

legend – Member

Ya, everyone wants to put a bike in their car …

Que? [/quote]

Some lefty elite from STW … 😆

markgraylish – Member
    Oops ,that’s not a beemer, is it?!?

😆

There is the symbol of a “zebra” … ya “zebra” as logo, if not “zebra” then it might be a “pony” … 😆

While the other Italian car company has a “cow” as their logo … 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Clarkson makes a mint off Top Gear whether he’s on it or not so he probably doesn’t really care all that much.

There’s so much more to life than money. May clearly has a passion for the mechanics and history, Hammond has a love of success in the world of presenting. Clarkson clearly loves the attention.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You can’t tell me for a second that the timing of the Clarkson “sacking” wasn’t concocted to benefit someone?

Probably not but sometimes people seem to want to see much more in things than probably exist. I’ll probably watch both new series then decide what I think about then – wow that makes me sound dull….

g5604
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s just a TV show?

nealglover
    Free Member

Clarkson makes a mint off Top Gear whether he’s on it or not so he probably doesn’t really care all that much.

You think the BBC still pay him for a show he’s not involved in and doesn’t appear on ?

nealglover
    Free Member

Everyone knows it’s just a TV show?

I know! people actually talking about a TV show!

Whatever next.

mudshark
    Free Member

Clarkson used to have a share of the rights to Top Gear but got paid off – £1m?

Viewing 38 posts - 201 through 238 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear Co-presenter named’ is closed to new replies.