Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 328 total)
  • Top Gear – Back this Sunday
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I didn’t know that Chris Hoy was competing in Le Mans!

rs
    Free Member

I didn’t know that Chris Hoy was competing in Le Mans!

Neither did I, or that he likes slightly modified Audi’s!

convert

I’m not convinced Hoy should be considered legit for siarfc? Fine line but surely he is a racing driver who used to ride bikes now? Small miracle if his time ever gets beaten by another ‘star’.

somafunk

Back in January I had my VW caddy up at Falkland performance in Glenrothes for a remap and rolling road session but I had to wait my turn as they had an RS6 in for a stage 1 tune, it gave 675bhp and over 900nm of torque on the rolling road, the sound it made on full gas made my tinkle fizz and for a large estate car it launched up the industrial estate road like a jet from an aircraft carrier catapult.

Humph….I bet it doesn’t get 65mpg/750 miles out of a tank of fuel though 😉

CountZero

Humph….I bet it doesn’t get 65mpg/750 miles out of a tank of fuel though

Probably not far off what you get from a C63 AMG – about 17/gallon on a good day. Then there’s the £1000 to replace a set of tyres, three sets during the two year lease I bloke I was talking to got.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m not convinced Hoy should be considered legit for siarfc? Fine line but surely he is a racing driver who used to ride bikes now? Small miracle if his time ever gets beaten by another ‘star’.

Be interesting to see how he compares to Harris, Sabine or some other pro racers though, hopefully they will have a separate racers wall like they had the F1 one on old TG

Harry_the_Spider

No Top Gear. NO TOP GEAR!

BLOODY GOLF! WT actual F?

To quote Mark Twain…

“Golf is a good wa*k spoiled.”

tthew

Dez Lynam’s aged.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

HtS +1 🙁

oliverracing

Two really disappointed kids here (aged 20 and 23) sat down to watch the recordings of robot wars and top gear.

Think I’m going to put an official complaint in!

oldnpastit

Disappointed. If I’d known, I would have gone out for a bike ride 🙁

whatgoesup

Just got back from an absolutely wonderful weekend – involving tent, two swimming pools, bike, beautiful weather and a 4 yr old daughter loving all of the above. Thought that TopGear would round off the weekend beautifully. SOOOOOO peed off to switch on and find Golf. Effing golf! FFS – sure ruin a walk if you like, but why oh why etc – where’s points of view these days when you need to rant?

CountZero

Just got back from an absolutely wonderful weekend – involving tent, two swimming pools, bike, beautiful weather and a 4 yr old daughter loving all of the above. Thought that TopGear would round off the weekend beautifully. SOOOOOO peed off to switch on and find Golf. Effing golf! FFS – sure ruin a walk if you like, but why oh why etc – where’s points of view these days when you need to rant?

Am I the only one to have the Hitler video meme running through my head with this as the dialogue?

tpbiker
    Free Member

hmmm..last day of one of the best events on the sporting calender

or watching nerds play with robots/top gear

Glad you guys don’t plan the TV schedules

ScottChegg
    Free Member

last day of one of the best events on the sporting golf calender

I have a golf course at the end of my garden. The action I see there is not enough to keep my attention, despite the silly trousers.

Why not hide it on BBC4 or Sky to be found by those who really want to watch it?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hurray for Garcia. 1st major and on what would have been Seve’s birthday ?

sc-xc

hmmm..last day of one of the best events on the sporting calender

I love watching sport, but golf?

GREEN – BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE – GREEN

martinhutch

At least Jezza used to warn you the week previously by slagging off the golf. 🙂

prawny

Same here, sat down to watch TG and no recording, had to watch an episode of TGT instead that we’re still working our way through.

It was the one with the Landrovers, it was a bag of toss. Much prefer the new Top Gear stuff over the Clarkson et al. Really badly staged ‘calamities’ and crap jokes you can see coming a mile off

joebristol

Gutted – just sat down to watch top gear after a long Monday at work to find it wasn’t on yesterday – golf instead. What the actual ****, who even watches golf? Grown men hitting a tiny ball as far away as they can, then trying to find it and knock it down a hole that’s probably full of manky water.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bit meh this week.

Merc was suitably lairy, Cuba was OK, but the ‘heavy machinery lolz’ just aren’t. Bit weak.

crazy-legs

Still nicely filmed, the team work well together and it is genuinely better than The Grand Tour.

It’s found its feet now, after the “trying too hard” Chris Evans era.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ross Noble seems to be doing well.

CountZero

A 5.0 litre V8, putting out 170bhp.

My Puma 1.7 put out 130! Christ, VAG do a 1.4 that puts out 180bhp!
    Porsche or Merc? Merc, thanks, but NOT in that green!

kerley
    Free Member

A 5.0 litre V8, putting out 170bhp.

Still in the era where the US government had clamped down on muscle cars post early 70’s. Look at the power in the 60’s V8s from US and it was a different story. As it is now, with the extremes offering over 700bhp from a V8

crazy-legs

No one posting about the final episode?!

That SsangYacht is awesome! 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Jamiro-pie

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, he looks like a fat old knacker. Could easily be Russell Crowe if you squint.

milky1980
    Free Member

Not the best end to the series… TOO MUCH EDDIE 👿

Speshpaul

1st time I’ve watched since producer gate, and the last. What a crock of shite.

richmars

1st time I’ve watched since producer gate, and the last. What a crock of shite.

Why?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Liked it all tonight. Even the star in a car segments.

MoreCashThanDash

Thought it was a brilliant episode. The Ssang Yacht was genius and that Russian SUV thing was mental.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Eddie is shit.

The rest was fun!

A shame there was no mention of Toby Smith, though.

grahamt1980

The ssangyacht was awesome

P-Jay
    Free Member

Chris Harris went full Clarkson reviewing the Cayman – wah wah wah, it’s a 4 pot, emissions are all stupid etc.

Jay Kay still an absolute tool despite be supposedly sober these days (I have my doubt)

But that’s only two minor blips in an otherwise good show at the end of a good series.

Torpoodo worth the price of admission alone. 🙂

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Yup the torpoodo caused much tittering in my house. Really enjoyed it (other then EJ and Bernie)

richmars

Really enjoyed it (other then EJ and Bernie)

Especially as he was interviewed (better) on C4 F1 last weekend.

pondo

Ssangyacht can do one – just show me CARS!!! That eight-wheel tractor thing can do one too.

CountZero

That Russian Shamen 8-wheeler? Bring on the lottery win! More practical than a restored Alvis Stalwart, and you could kip in the back with a decent mattress.
    Great for hoiking out sad people stuck in the mud at festivals and the beach at Brean!

Not the best end to the series… TOO MUCH EDDIE

Not found the ffwd button on the remote, then? 😉

Torpoodo worth the price of admission alone.

Attacking the car with disc cutters was a very good start! That thing is ugly!

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear – Back this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.