Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Top Gear.
  • Pook

Now come on, that XJS train car is ace.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Atkinson is very funny.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Scum class

Hadge
    Free Member

The train bit is hilarious

Pieface

Oh look, a fire in a caravan

Cougar

I’m a few minutes behind, but I noticed from the intro that they’ve got Hammond doing a drive-by fruiting later.

petrieboy

Return to form IMHO, brilliant episode.

Houns

Hamster whilst backing the train up

“You’re alright, you’re alright, you’re alright, you’re alright” 😆

stucol
    Free Member

Bo-b !

stavromuller
    Free Member

Think the train idea is a real goer, I mean it couldn’t possibly be worse than existing trains

stavromuller
    Free Member

Wish I had the money for a Skyline, made the Jag look pointless

project
    Free Member

Excellent programe,but all passenger now need to fitted with a continuous brake, operable by any of the passengers ,in case of emergengy.

There are also crush standards that need to be observed on the front and rear ends of each coach.

Along with numerous other safety devices.

http://www.railexpress.co.uk/news/top-gear-visits-the-great-central-

Are you for real project?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As somebody said above, oh look, a caravan on fire. Original.

Drac

It’s their Trademark joke as with destroying a caravan hence the train smashing into one.

mboy
    Free Member

Not laughed so hard in a long while when Clarkson revealed his solution to stop the Jag overheating when continuously backing it up was to open the bonnet…

Caravan on fire was way too predictable, but then they do like their predictable jokes, but otherwise a very amusing episode.

And fair play, didn’t Rowan Atkinson look slow on his lap, just goes to show being smooth counts!

grtdkad

Not watched it yet (sky+d). Rowan Atkinson is a pretty accomplished racer though IIRC

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why do they always have to destroy caravans? That could be a home for someone, that could. Such a senseless waste. Other than that, it’s an excellent programme, but I do think destroying stuff for ‘a laugh’ is unnecessary.

tyger
    Free Member

What was the Nissan that had the amazing launch control and 0-60 in 3 seconds?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Skyline GTR, innit?

A car made with precision and top engineering and that, but without the spensive baggage of a ‘prestige’ brand.

It’s a very fast, very powerful Datsun. 😀

Jaguar have lived off their image for far too long. Now virtually redundant as a brand.

JAG

The Nissan GTR (while very fast) is not a direct competitor for the Jaguar.

One is a hard riding, Nurburgring eating monster (Nissan) while the other (Jaguar) is a long distance tourer with massive power and finnesse.

I’ve driven both and I don’t think they should be compared – sorry 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The Jaguar is a nice car but more spensiver and less good than other cars. Massive premium for a brand which has passed it’s best. They’re now struggling to keep up with other brands. I don’t see them as any better than Mercedes tbh. In fact, Merc probbly make better cars.

timc
    Free Member

Cant turn up at the golf course in a Nissan though can you! 😉

JAG

I’ve got to disagree 😆

The Jaguar is a little heavier, only two wheel drive, with 550hp and still does a sub-8 minute lap of the Nurburgring.

Not shabby performance in anyones book and your spine will still be the right shape after covering 1000 miles across Europe.

It’s not as ‘fashionable’ as the GTR or as cheap but it’s not supposed to be.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Elfinsafety

The Jaguar is a nice car but more spensiver and less good than other cars. Massive premium for a brand which has passed it’s best. They’re now struggling to keep up with other brands. I don’t see them as any better than Mercedes tbh. In fact, Merc probbly make better cars.

You may have a point there, and those XF drivers out there have made a terrible mistake in their choice of car. Go and drive one, you might like it 😮

I’d have one, but need four wheels of drive due to local winter conditions. When we move house the XF will be on the list of things to buy.

The Jaguar XF has once again won the Best Executive Car category in the Diesel Car Magazine Awards.

The Jaguar XF was crowned ‘Best Executive Car’ for the fourth year running at the What Car? Awards, held in London on the 13th January 2011.

The Jaguar XF has added yet another award to its long list of accolades; Best Executive Car at the Fleet News awards.

What Car? Magazine has revealed Jaguar as a leading manufacturer in a UK owner satisfaction survey.

What Car? Magazine has awarded the Jaguar XF the title of Best Executive Car 2010.

The 2008 WhatCar? ‘Car of the Year’ winner, the Jaguar XF, retained its award-winning crown at the WhatCar? Awards held in London last night, winning ‘Best Executive Car’ for 2009.

Jaguar is proud to announce that the new XF has won the most prestigious award in the automotive calendar, What Car? ‘Car of the Year 2008’, as well as ‘Best Executive Car’. We are also pleased to be category winners, with the XJ winning ‘Luxury Cars Under £50,000’ with the XKR winning ‘Coupes Over £40,000’.

Jaguar has claimed the Fleet World ‘Design of the Year Editor’s Award’ for the second year running – this time for the award-winning Jaguar XF.

Today, Ward’s celebrated its 9th Annual Interior of the Year Awards where it announced the 2009 Jaguar XF as winner in the Best Premium Car Interior category.

Commenting on the award, Alex Jenner-Fust said: “For a car that will take you seamlessly from school gates to boardroom, look no further. The Jaguar XF combines cutting-edge technology with a classic British feel. Driving it is a real pleasure, whether you’re on the school run or cruising to the south of France. The stereo system is easy to use, while the seats are so comfortable you won’t want to get out.”

Readers of Auto Express magazine have voted the new Jaguar XF Britain’s best car in the 2009 Driver Power survey.

20 May 2009 – Jaguar XF wins Best Executive Car The Jaguar XF has won the award for Best Executive Car at the 2009 Fleet World Honours, proving the growing popularity of our new sports saloon amongst the business community.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Funniest episode in a long time, and they did it without ridiculing any minority groups…………….unless you count Jaguar owners.

willard

I seriously think that the train idea is a goer…

Ok, so you’d need to do some modifications to the caravans to ensure that things didn’t fall off, there was enough safety etc, but the idea actually sounds pretty good.

I’m ignoring the fact that bigger trains would need to use the same track and that you can’t overtake, but when was the last time you saw a car towing a caravan overtake anything?

For me, I’g go for a longer caravan and something like a landrover to tow it.

tonyg2003

Over on the Merc forum that I also lurk on everyone is laughing about Clarkson buying a CL600. They come with serious bills if anything goes wrong and the ignition coils (one per bank of 6 cyclinders) are notoriously expensive, as is the ABC (suspension control) and anything to do with the turbos. £4K ABC bills are not unknown. A CL500 or CL55 are much better buys.

Makes good TV though!

project
    Free Member

willard – Member
    I seriously think that the train idea is a goer…

Ok, so you’d need to do some modifications to the caravans to ensure that things didn’t fall off, there was enough safety etc, but the idea actually sounds pretty good.

Why not just use open toppedwagons, witha flat top, that you could drive your car onto, apply the handbrak, switch the radio on and just sit there, you could even have double decker ones.

Strangely it was done many years ago, and was scrapped , people predfered to drive, and queue on the new motorways.

But Euro tunnel do offer the option if you want to go franceland.

molgrips
    Free Member

need four wheels of drive due to local winter conditions

2WD + snow tyres is better than 4WD without.

Why do they always have to destroy caravans? That could be a home for someone, that could

You know those things are old leaky mouldy scrap, don’t you?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Not laughed so hard in a long while when Clarkson revealed his solution to stop the Jag overheating when continuously backing it up was to open the bonnet…

Really? 😕

Dougal
    Free Member

AndrewBF – Fanboi much?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You know those things are old leaky mouldy scrap, don’t you?

Well they could still be utilised to help keep homeless people drier and warmer in winter, coon’t they?

I spose things like that don’t occur to people who can afford to buy very spensive motors, and nor do they probably care. 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

Really?

You know it may not have occurred to you before, but some people probably have a different sense of humour to yourself! That moment just tickled me for some reason…

Oh, and now they’ve finished with the S8 for the train feature, they don’t want to donate it to me do they? Awesome car, and heavily used in possibly the best driving stunt film ever “Ronin”.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Well they could still be utilised to help keep homeless people drier and warmer in winter, coon’t they?

So could your tv cabinet, you’ve clearly no idea what it’s for.

Unbelievable.

Really. Un. Believe. Able.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So could your tv cabinet, you’ve clearly no idea what it’s for.

I don’t have a TV or a TV cabinet.

Unbelievable.

What is?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

You want all the homeless people to become pikeys?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Elfinsafety

Everything could something. It seldom does.

You could dedicate the time you spend posting on here to something more productive and socially valuable, for instance. You don’t.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

You could dedicate the time you spend posting on here to something more productive and socially valuable, for instance. You don’t.

best post ever 😆

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t have a TV or a TV cabinet.

I’d better say it again, Unbelievable.

Did you ever see that interview with the Bishop who hated Life of Brian? Even though he never saw it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear.’ is closed to new replies.