Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Top gear
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

And to qualify my OPINION, I like the R8 because I feel it looks like a supercar should, hard-edged, squat, brutal and blunt.

Hard edged? It's hardly a Reventon is it? Squat and brutal? Nope. It's a good shape but it's not squat or brutal.

You're not very good at this are you? 😉

Or is it because you are an Audi fanboy by any chance?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You're not very good at this are you?

What, having an opinion?

DezB
    Free Member

I think you've taken it slightly out of proportion. I was agreeing with another poster and said I was "quite pleased" my kid wasn't in the room. I was far more offended by the crap nature of the pathetic TV program that was on and shortly afterwards changed the channel.
    Although my 7 year old is actually brave enough to say it to my face, I wouldn't want him calling me a cock.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

What, having an opinion?

Trying to expand on your opinion.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Trying to expand on your opinion.

I expanded on my opinion with a more detailed OPINION.

Jeez – it ain't rocket science!

Anyhoos – they are all shit compared to this…

I once saw one – I think I got my first erection that day.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

They are minging.

This is a proper pretty car:

zokes
    Free Member

Although my 7 year old is actually brave enough to say it to my face, I wouldn't want him calling me a cock.

Well, next time I'm in the UK, I'll hapilly oblige if it makes you feel better.

However, seeing as TG hasn't really changed that much in 14 series, I'd suggest you become more aquainted with how to use the 'off' button on your TV set. Surely it can't have taken you this long to realise they might occasionally be a little coarse in their humour. Did it really take 14 series and 3 1/2 episodes for you to work this out?

TheFlyingOx

mastiles_fanylion: Ohh shit my opinion is broken again – I must get it fixed.

Chill buddy. I read the IMO bit. Just offering another option/opinion. Anyway, what would I know? I drive a Mitsi Legnum and ride a Pronghorn, neither of which are ever going to win awards for aesthetics… 😆

rkk01
    Free Member

Oh dear, come on children…

TG has always been pretty irreverent, and anyone who has watched the last 14 series will be entirely familiar with the format and style of humour.

My original comment was that the humour had taken a more adult (although note, not explicit) tone for the current series – and no, I wasn't complaining about the word cock. I wasn't being "outraged from Tonbridge Wells" – my kids will continue to watch and enjoy TG.

If anyone has lost a sense of perspective it is those posters who are comparing the peak time weekend evening broadcast output of the UK public sector broadcaster with a niche sports / leisure forum on the internet….. 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm. I think I may have to start a "Stupid argument of the week" thread after this!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I keep accidentally teaching our 22 month old boy swearwords…

ooops…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They are minging.

This is a proper pretty car:
    Yeah I like all that era of supercars but what kid couldn't love a car with doors that go up not out?

I used to have the Supercars Top Trumps and ogled them all.

One day Mastiles, one day….

DezB
    Free Member

Hmmm. I think I may have to start a "Stupid argument of the week" thread after this!

Didn't your last one get removed?

Don't worry, I'm letting it lie.. I just can't argue with someone who thinks I'd watch 14 series of Top Gear! 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyway, back to Top Gear – no matter how shit it is, it is still much less shit than most shit that gets broadcast.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And Matt, arguing with you is somewhat like this…

(Comic Strip Presents content)

zokes
    Free Member

I just can't argue with someone who thinks I'd watch 14 series of Top Gear!

So this wasn't the first time you had to turn the telly off when it was on? What do you do when really crap stuff like x-factor comes on? Hide behind the sofa? I just can't understand why you found it so abhorrent you had to post on an internet forum about it…

DezB
    Free Member

Is that really what I posted?

m_f is right.

Kuco

I like Top Gear for it's silliness and lets be honest you can walk into 90% of the local dealers and test drive your everyday boring car. I like watching a 100k+ car having its bollocks thrashed off.

nickc

288 GTO is an alright looking car I suppose, not Ferrari's prettiest though

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ferrari's best looking car eva!

IMO

BigJohn

I went into a clothes shop today. There was a big sign saying "CHILDREN SWEAR".

I blame Top Gear and Surf-Mat

anagallis_arvensis

zokes are you old enough to vote because you do come over as very immature

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

M-F – in the 80s we lived in Horsley, Surrey very near to a Ferrari dealer (at the age of 12 I was a total petrol head in the making). Dad had Porkers at the time and a 308 GT4 briefly (not a very "real" Ferrari) and a couple of his mates had 308 GTBs. Anyway prices went nuts – I saw 3 of the 6 (was 7 until someone wrote one off) Daytona Spiders all in Surrey – two were at that dealership. The first black one was £1/2 million, the second one (met blue) looked like it was £160,000 at first – it wasn't. It was £1.6m!!! Even Dinos went mental on price. Crazy times.

250 GTO is THE prettiest Ferrari of all time IMO.

RustySpanner

308 GT4 briefly (not a very "real" Ferrari)

Ferrari snob 🙄

Bertone was a genius – as was Jano.

Oh, and last nights' TG was about as funny as a funeral service conducted by Bobby Ball.

nickc

250 GTO is THE prettiest Ferrari of all time IMO.

250 GTO Berlinetta SWB is the prettiest of the 250 GTOs…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I always loved the Testerossa 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ferrari snob

Well it was my Dad that had it and he thought it wasn't "proper." Nice engine but a complete git to maintain.

MF – Testarossa? You mean the 80s one? YUCK! The only Testarossa worse looking at is the original:

Which is actually right up there with the 250GTO for prettyness.

RustySpanner

So why did your Dad not think it was "proper" Matt?
    And what do you think?

Want one – in yellow 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep the 80s one – loved the fins down the bodywork.

jahwomble
    Free Member

I'd rather have one of these, but as only six were ever made and one has been destroyed 🙂

or these,

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Rusty – he just found it pretty hard work. His was black and it does actually look okay I reckon but it was unreliable and didn't handle all that well. Lovely engine though.

It replaced a 928 which was uber reliable so maybe that just grated a bit?

To me it was a Ferrari which was cool. Flipping uncomfortable in the back though – rear headrests appeared to be made of solid rock!

JCL
    Free Member

246 Dino is the prettiest Ferrari IMO.

yunki
    Free Member

we had somewhat humbler ambitions round our way….

Drac

Call that humble. My parents had shitty old morris mariners, datsun sunny and other such travesties. I remember looking through the holes in the floor on journeys and dropping items through them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Same here – Cortina estates, Austin Maxi (HL 1750 twin carbed version mind). Then when my 16 yr old brother nicked it and put it into a lamp-post, my dad splashed out and got a 1.6GL MkIII Capri in metallic maroon with a vinyl roof. Sweet as.

Drac

Oh Maxi they had 2 of them and a princess.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

All new at the time – Lancia Beta turbo, BMW 323i (E20), mk1 GTi (7th in the UK), another mk1 GTi (last of the 1.8s fully tuned up from the factory),

Nearly new – 928 S4, 2 x 924 Turbos, three ur Quattros (the last one a Treser converted one), Ferrari 308 GT4, some massive V12 Jag thing, Ford P100 (Cortina shape) pickup with a 400bhp V8 stuck in, BBR Mitsi Shogun with almost 300bhp, etc, etc – at one point dad had seven vehicles!

It rubbed off on me of course and now I sadly have to spend a bit too much on cars…

Fun though!

Pook

jeez. you lot are all morons.

prettiest car in the world ever. FACT. Not "imo". FACT.

You're all wrong. If you have another opinion which differs from mine, you're wrong.

😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The Dino is pretty – shame it wasn't very quick and lacked a V8/12

cynic-al
    Free Member

My mum's/our family's cars when I was a kid: Daf 44, Ford Fiesta mk1 (can't remember if it was the 950 or 1.1), polo 1.3.

Her first car was one of the first minis in NI and she rolled it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Top gear’ is closed to new replies.