Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Top football match tickets, how and where from?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Son’s birthday in April and I’d love to get some tickets to a top end footie match – Barcelona, Man Utd would really excite him (albeit may be way too expensive I fear). Haven’t had joy through first look at websites – any clues of how/where to get from.

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

does he support anyone? I’d be annoyed to be dragged to a Man U game as a Newcastle fan.

Club websites and ticket offices are normally the place for public sales. Look at the premiership fixtures unless you want to go to Europe.

Aus
    Free Member

He just loves footie, and has a soft spot for seeing Man Utd or Barca – been trying to buy on the Man Utd site but seem to be restricted!

binners

You can only buy United Tickets if you’re a member, which costs in itself to join, and bumps the ticket prices right up to frankly silly money. Most premiership clubs run the same system. I was looking at taking my daughter to the Olympiakos game on Wednesday, but all in we’d be looking at a couple of hundred quid. Used to go to OT all the time, but I’ve to been for a few years now. Its now prohibitively expensive. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

NUFC vs Palace or Everton 12 seats left for each
    http://tickets.nufc.co.uk/events.aspx
    If it must be Man U try an away game as a home supporter just remember to cheer when they get beat

fatboyslo
    Free Member

You can buy tickets for Barca on their website

I’ve looked into it in the past and their seems to be tickets for most matches apart from El Classico and they seem reasonable ( to me ) price wise.

BUT

The cost of getting their and normally at least 1 over night stay make the total soon adds up

eskay

Barcelona tickets are quite easy to get, we got them off of the official site. Good weekend away.

Have done Real Madrid and Juventus but bought those through an agent (a bit more expensive).

If you want to stay in this country then choose an unpopular game (maybe vs Palace, Hull etc. Those matches don’t usually sell out.

eskay

The cost of getting their and normally at least 1 over night stay make the total soon adds up

It is wise to budget for two nights, La Liga games are often moved (sometimes at short notice) from a Saturday to a Sunday.

timc
    Free Member

Our Atletico Madrid v Valencia Game was switched 5 days before we arrived in madrid for TV. Luckily it didnt matter to us.

Plenty of Man Utd coaches travelling up from Kent on a match day you can jump on to keep costs down 😉

OmarLittle
    Free Member

For the last 10 years or so ive tried to go to couple of games in Europe each year (basically ive been trying to work my way through the all major derby matches) and ive been a little disappointed the couple of times i’ve been the Camp Nou. The football is top class but the atmosphere is often flat and takes away some of the spectacle however for a young football fan going there and seeing the likes of Messi play would be a dream come true. Plus it will give him some major bragging rights over his mates!

Leku
    Free Member

I took eldest last year. We ended seeing West Brom Vs Spurs. He quite likes Spurs and it’s an easy ground to get to from Bristol. The best way seemed to be going to a smaller cub with a bigger one visiting.
    Great day out.

brassneck

Barcelona tickets are quite easy to get, we got them off of the official site. Good weekend away.

Got to say, that has “Best Dad Evva” written all over it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Top football match tickets, how and where from?’ is closed to new replies.