Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • top end 100mm fork: Fox FIT Terralogic., SID WC, ??
  • nedrapier

Prices for both of those are both on the ridiculous end, but just in case I find a great deal on last year’s, which would be ther better bet?

Don’t find myself using lockout that often, but I do appreciate efficiency if it’s there (I lost the grub screw for my Reba’s). I’d rather not have the extra faff and fit and stuff on the bars, though, so the inertia valve on the fox appeals.

The service instructions I saw linked from here (peterpoddy maybe?) for the terralogic floats were frankly jawdropping. not to metion the extra £80+ of tools they seem to require!

Are the SIDs much less finickity and maintenance hungry? or have Fox closed the gap recently?

I have it in my head that sensible people get SIDs, maintenance fetishists and pro team riders get Fox.

Close? cigar?

Or should I look at DT/Magura as well/instead?

oxym0r0n

What do you want to use it for (other than the obvious answer of riding?)

Racing? How important is weight/stiffness/15mm QR etc.

I have one of each…

I have just had the ti black-box replaced in my SIDs because the lockout no longer worked (£100 for the cheaper, more robust pastic one).

I have had the topout spring on my Fox shrinkwrapped by TFT.

I keep both forks clean/lube the uppers after each ride/clean and both run sweetly but the fox def feel more bottomless.

For racing I would go for SID as they are lighter and the action is a bit less energy absorbing. For all round I would go for Fox as mine (PUSHed) just feel bottonless and confidence inspiring.

2p

footflaps

I’ve had both and the Terralogic is still going strong, the SID collapsed and died half way down Jacob’s ladder and I spent the refund on the Fox – a much nicer fork in my opinion.

nedrapier

Cool. I will do a bit of racing (purely on a shits and giggles basis), and I’d like the bike to be as light as reasonably possible, but I’ll give up the odd 100g for a better experience. Mainly Just Riding Along, It’s All XC type of riding though. Oh, and I’d be going for 15mm either way. 20mm at the mo, don’t want to go back to QR.

I fancy the Fox a bit more, but put off by the servicing/maintenance. If that’s less of an issue than I thought, I’ll keep my eye out for 15mm 1&1/8th steerer 100mm FIT terralogic float. Blimey, I thought it’d be quicker to type that all out!

One more thing: Is is possible to spacer them down to 90 or 80 in the same/similar way as Rock Shox?

footflaps

Merlin often has great bargains of Fox forks, bought a 120X half price about a month ago from them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘top end 100mm fork: Fox FIT Terralogic., SID WC, ??’ is closed to new replies.