Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Top Copper is a lying shyster- should he be jailed?
  • juan
    Free Member

Well despite my deeply entrenched attitude you still have not answered me. Where should I go? Can you guarantee that I won’t be met with a gun or a baton within a day of reporting the cop?
    I wouldn’t trust a cop for nowt. Look what happened in France in 2005. What do you really think happened? Explain to me how someone with non prior experience with the justice (albeit non white) got dead in a police car because apparently he tried to resist arrest (how can you resist arrest once in the van is beyond my understanding)?
    I have a sport relative who’s a cop. Each time he got got over 200 km/h on his motorcycle by patrol he got away showing he cop card and saying he was going to pick up he gun.
    And I am indeed not going to tell you about the “joke” he use to perform in the van with a suspect, because they are obviously going to be deeply entrenched opinions…
    I can understand you want to protect your kind, but please get ral for a second.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you are making a mistake comparing the British police with the French police Juan. Sure the British police is far from prefect, but it is still undoubtedly amongst the best in the world. The police, along with the BBC, is one of the few remaining things which imo Britain can still be truly proud of.

Having said that, I tend to agree with you. I too, wouldn’t be keen to walk into a police station and grass a copper up. In fact I very much doubt that I would, unless it was for an extremely serious crime such as murder or rape. You would be unlikely to be doing yourself any favours imo.

kimbers

provoking violence doesnt seem to be the only issue with met cops its keeping their truncheons in their pants they have a hard time with….
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/19/undercover-policeman-married-activist-spy#start-of-comments
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8262746/Mark-Kennedy-15-other-undercover-police-infiltrated-green-movement.html
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12247675

and having a close friend as a copper whos got himself into trouble with the ladies
    maybe its the uniform/sex/power thing?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Never heard of Crimestoppers. Dealt with very seriously and as for said copper getting your address and making your life hell .. now I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land!!!

anyway let’s face it every singel police bashing thread that has been on STW world recently relates to The Met .. and I don’t work there! Phew .. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Never heard of Crimestoppers

So you agree that stopping a copper or walking onto a police station to report a PC wouldn’t be a good idea then ? …….best to do it anonymously through a charity ?

as for said copper getting your address and making your life hell .. now I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land!!!

So there’s no bent coppers then ?

You don’t know how much of a relief it is for me to know that.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nope never said that. I was telling you the details of a confidential service (as so many people here are anti) to encourage you to report bad/illegal behaviour within the police to clear out the bad eggs.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Kimbers, people having affairs is common in all walks of life, I don’t think it’s more prevelant in the police than normal offices jobs, nursing etc. I admit the situations it sometimes occur in may be wrong but as for the actual affairs themselves. …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was telling you the details of a confidential service (as so many people here are anti)

You could have just emphasised the fact that no one has anything to worry about when reporting a copper. If you believe that to be true of course.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Like anything Ernie I imagine it depends what you are alleging they have done, I have already agreed there are bad eggs out there .. like in ALL walks of life, hence why I am suggesting Crimestoppers for those that feel uncomfortable going into the SDO.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah I think that’s the issue here MC, not everyone feels “comfortable” with the old bill. Because with the greatest respect, you gotta be “living in cloud cuckoo land” if you think everyone trusts coppers completely.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I keep reading this thread title as ‘Tommy Cooper is a lying Shyster’….. and every time I think “huh? but he’s dead”

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ernie don’t worry I’m not in cloud cuckoo land in that way! Yeah something we agree on 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL sharkbait ! I kept reading as Tommy Cooper as well …. not just me who’s weird/dyslexic then 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worth a new thread?

Top politician is a lying shyster- should he be jailed?

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yup, go for it Flash 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

We have a problem with a drug-dealing prostitute in my building. There have been scuffles and threats of violence. A neighbour of mine was involved in one such incident, and was threatened by the woman’s pimp. So they reported it to police. The prostitute also submitted a complaint (trying to cover her own back).

A week or so later, my neighbour received a letter from the police, regarding their complaint. Although it wasn’t actually about their specific complaint, but the one made by the prostitute. The addresses somehow become swapped over. So, the ‘confidential’ nature of the complaints and reporting incidents procedure has been completely compromised. The prostitute now knows that my neighbour has submitted a complaint against her, and vice-versa.

Because with the greatest respect, you gotta be “living in cloud cuckoo land” if you think everyone trusts coppers completely.

If they can’t even get the flippin’ addresses right, in a situation as delicate as this one, what faith do you expect ordinary people to have in them?

My neighbour is now living in fear of reprisals from the prostitute and her less than savoury associates. The police have offered no explanation, apology or reassurance.

Sadly, my experience with the police has led me to believe they are part of a deeply flawed and ineffectual institution. I’m not alone in this belief.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I keep reading this thread title as ‘Tommy Cooper is a lying Shyster’

Don’t. Every time I look at it I think the same. 😆

duntmatter
    Free Member

ahem.

duntmatter
    Free Member

tree-magnet
    Free Member

In regards to dodgy coppers, you wrote:

Elfinsafety – Member
    They are mostly white, Jeremy. Is that important? I don’t know…

Wow. Change that to “black” and see the reception you get…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tree – that was in response to my crack about his middleclass friends and their colour. Its elfs middle-class friends that are “mainly white”

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Ok, I missread it as:

And the thing is, right; if, as is evident, quite a number of coppers are criminal scumbaygs, why should I trust the police or indeed have any respect for them? How do I know that the copper I’m dealing with isn’t a rapist or murderer? Like anyone else I may encounter. Are all coppers as pure as the driven snow? The evidence seems to suggest otherwise, M’Lud…

Only if they’re white

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye – it got a bit out of sequence. It was intended to read as this

Elfinsafety – Member

What about the experiences and opinions of my nice law-abiding highly educated middle class friends though? Don’t they count?

TandemJeremy – Member

Only if they are white

Elfinsafety – Member

They are mostly white, Jeremy. Is that important? I don’t know…

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Top Copper is a lying shyster- should he be jailed?’ is closed to new replies.