• This topic has 51 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Top 5 must do/classic North of England rides…
  • justatheory
    Free Member

@lowey…that’s some ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

post up the pics 😀

Sancho
    Free Member

Ilkley!!!
    Ilkley is good, but not the best, although if you went from Ilkley over to baildon that would be good.

I have some cracking 50 mile routes around the Wharfe valley, that take in some amazing moors and woods etc.

twelveski
    Free Member

Freeridenick, how long does that loop take you?
    I had plotted a route for the next time I’m up there with most of that included, but another loop to take in Derwent Water and am now thinking it might be too much.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/162639213

pennine
    Free Member

B.A.Nana:

Bingley is set to get even better in the near future

Does that include many of our cheeky linking bits?

fergal
    Free Member

Yep bingo, the tour of Great Gable is a corker, not one for the wannabes though, only the commited need apply…4000ft+ of hike a bike and a tad sketchy in places.

fairhurst
    Free Member

whinlater for the win i say,i love that place.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sancho wasn’t kidding…

freeridenick
    Free Member

12 – it took us I think about 7 hours? good pub stop at Wasdale Head Inn 8)
    Loweswater Gold and a burger….

we took our time as weather was awesome. about 1450m of climbing/hike a bike.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

pennine – Member
    B.A.Nana:

Bingley is set to get even better in the near future
    Does that include many of our cheeky linking bits?

Pennine
    just one bit of a current cheeky linking trail will be upgraded to permissive bridleway, to cut out a dangerous road section of the Bingley Bash. The intention is to mostly cut a new trail and leave the best of the existing cheeky stuff alone, so what we create will be in addition to what you would have ridden before, mostly.

If we pull it off, there will be more all new trail, some bits we intend to get funding for. I’d like to say more about it, but can’t for the time being.

It’s a SingletrAction/Bradford Council project and we’ll be promoting/recruiting volunteer trail building from Monday onwards. We’ve still to agree with BMDC rules of engagement re promotion of trail building, it’s a bit awkward as there’s various politics with other users. No actual dig dates have been arranged yet, we hope to finalise this on Monday.

I’m happy to talk off forum if you want more info and are interested in getting involved. Do I know you BTW?

vondally
    Free Member

Lowe that is a classic ride, back of skiddaw excellent

No mention od yorks dale settle way/horton ribblesdale twiston scar/mastille lane ( 4×4 ruined but a classic).

Ilkley? Lived there in 80s and 90s not that great

Dunsop bridge ride still a favourite

plus
    Lesuire Lakes Preston 😉

grum
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – you don’t seem to have an email in your profile.

Here is one way of linking up Claife and Grizedale that I mapped out – would be a pretty good route IMO but doesn’t give you the best bits of Claife Heights.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1277261

There is a nice very short route round Claife in the VG Lakes book.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Top 5 must do/classic North of England rides…’ is closed to new replies.