• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Top 3 last-gen console games
  • Cougar

With the Xbox One and PS4 now finally taking charge I figure, it’s the last gasp for the 360 / PS3.

So I was wondering, what would people say are the stand-out games for the old vanguards? For me:

1) Red Dead Redemption. GTA-a-like sandbox game but beautifully done, RDR is just perfect. Gripping storyline and just enough side-quests to be interesting rather than a grind. One of the few games I’ve troubled to 100%. Just exceptional, please gods give us a next-gen sequel.

2) Life is Strange. The best game you’ve never heard of. Probably offputting for many because it looks at first glance like a teen angst game for girls, but it’s got a solid storyline, utterly compelling characters, a brilliant time-travel mechanic and a twisty-turny whodunnit bent. Hits you right in the feels, it’s seriously good.

3) Tomb Raider. Brilliant reboot of a classic series, exceptionally fluid and intuitive gameplay and a great story.

Honourable shout-outs to GTAV and the Portal series. And I believe the PS3’s Hard Rain and The Last of Us would feature highly if I wasn’t bought into Team Green.

What’ve you got?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Mass Effect 1

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My vote would go to “The Last of Us”

Cougar

Was ‘3’ somehow ambiguous? (-:

Cheers guys. A brief explanation would be cool also. (I’m particularly keen to know more about The Last of us cos I’ve never played it.)

Any more for any more?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Well I liked both RDR & Tomb Raider on PS3. Interestingly I never got on with the Last of Us despite its ‘gripping’ storyline. But my vote goes to Call of Duty MW2. Probably the most played game ever in my book-ok the campaign wasn’t as good in its own right against the likes of RDR but the multiplayer platform was excellent, just a shame it was hacked.

jekkyl

SSX coz it’s tricky!!

Cougar

Objection! SSX Tricky was a stand-out title for the PS2. SSX3 or whatever it was on the that-gen was a shadow of its former self.

Excuse me, I’m off to perform a stalemaskey.

jodafett

The Last of Us because it’s a great story but also for the way it makes you play slowly and absorb the game.

Mass effect for the scale and decent RPG style.

And GTA IV. Again for scale but also story and the driving physics ( although- as with all GTA games- I wish they would sort out the character control when on foot)

sundaytrucker
    Free Member

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – great set pieces and characters. I am still to play the third instalment of the series but just received Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 to remedy that and prepare for the fourth and final (?) game in the series.

2. GTA 5 – so fun I Played it on both PS3 and PS4.

3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – the online was amazing and the biggest time suck since I started playing games, shame it was ruined by hackers.

Since getting a PS4 I have played both The Last Of Us and the Tomb Raider, both enjoyable games for different reasons. TLOU is probably the best game I have ever played but for some reason I never got around to playing it on PS3.

Drac

1) GTA V – Great gameplay and fantastic story line

2) COD Black Ops II was my preferred COD

3) Last of Us. It was bit too short though.

Like wise I’m playing GTA V again and hop to Last of Us occasionally on the PS4 as they are even more beautiful Plus you can play the storyline different.

mogrim

Was ‘3’ somehow ambiguous? (-:

Apparently, given you mentioned 7 🙂

Kato

Last of Us and Skyrim

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Top 3 last-gen console games’ is closed to new replies.