Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Top 10 Vids on the front page.. warning.
  • MartynS

you can imagine my deep pleasure having opened up the number 1 video to have a peep, only to find the soundtrack is some a rap track, one of the first words is the N word.. you know, the one Clarkson didn’t say.

no warning, no not safe for work..
    I’m really not a handringing wet lettuce liberal but that’s a bit poor of singletrack to have that there.

nuke

So why not email them? Or post a response on the vid page?

MartynS

have done, but considering its new years day I’m sure the mods aren’t glued to the website and I reckoned it was worth getting a quick warning out.

nuke

…and now there’s a warning above the vid:

“Caution, contains swearing and gangsta language”

All sorted…that was easy and with no children or baby robins harmed 😀

chipps

Happy to help 🙂

MartynS

well done everyone.

deviant
    Free Member

So the artist who made the Rap is happy to use the word ‘****’….and the word has featured in Rap album titles and is commonly used in the hip-hop scene in a non racial way….but somebody on STW has a problem with it being used in the aforementioned way?!

The video isnt a KKK propaganda piece, nobody is using it in a racial slur/derogatory fashion.

This is like the Katie Hopkins tweets non story, why dont you phone the police and tell them you’re offended?..looking for offence seems to be a popular pastime in this country at the moment.

(its a great track by BIG anyway!)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

As deviant said, stop being troublesome!

MartynS

No problem with the use in the track.
    However I felt there should have been a nsfw/bad language warning.
    I don’t think that’s unreasonable on a website that is quite heavily moderated for language and is a bit more family friendly than other sites.

I wouldn’t bothet the police.. I’d rather try to sort it myself.. You know like a grown up

scotroutes

I didn’t know that Nigg had any rap stars.(FWIW, I got a ban for a non-racial, non-derogatory use of the word **** some time ago.)

househusband

I gather that the very same ‘N’ word was dubbed out ‘The Dam Busters’ televised by the BBC this morning…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

NSFW is a crap excuse anyway…does your employer encourage bike forum browsing while at your desk?

PJ266
    Free Member

They didn’t blank it out when they showed the dambusters on TV the other day, bet they got loads of complaints or something.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Top 10 Vids on the front page.. warning.’ is closed to new replies.